Celebrity MDR w/ infant?

mrs.mobster

My DH and I are taking our DD with us on Celebrity Summit Jan '10. She will be about 2 weeks shy of 1 year by then. We always request the late seating for dinner, and plan to do the same for this cruise as well, but I am wondering something now... I know on our past cruises we seems to be seated with folks of simmilar ages etc, do you think this will be the case for our next cruise? Might we be more likely to be seated at a table with other parents/ kids?

And since Ive noticed infants on cruises seems to be a hot topic for some people, of course, DH or I would certianly remove DD from the MDR if she was fussy etc, so she wouldnt be disrupting anyone durring dinner. ;) So no worries about that. Im just curious what our chances are of being seated with people who will be peeved that our DD is there?

Yes- you will be seated with people with children. On my last three Celebrity cruises (when I cruised just with my son), they sat me at a table with other parents. The kids may be older than yours though. In fact, they may put you at a table by yourself with an infant.

Most parents do not choose late seating for dinner as it seems kids do better with the early seating. It's so late for an infant to be sitting at dinner until 10:30pm, so you will probably not see many kids at dinner at the late seating.

I agree with Kitty9. We cruised RCCl Adventure of the Seas with our then 9 month old daughter. After a long day in port, she usually fell asleep during dinner - we chose the early seating. Having always done late seating prior to becoming parents, it was an adjustment, but we realised it was the best choice for the baby. We have a Mac Claren stroller, so we would always feed her first and when she nodded off to sleep, we put her in the stroller and enjoyed the rest of our dinner. Have fun, it's great to travel with kids.

Archived