Costa cruise with kids

lilone

I want to know if anyone can give me information on the Costa cruise line. I've only been on two cruises with Carnival and I keep hearing that Costa has a child free promo sometimes. Does anyone know about this or anything about this line? Food, activities for kids , anything? Thanks

We've done Costa twice with our kids--and the kids free deal. You can't beat it!

The Costa ships sailing the Caribbean are identical to the Carnival ships (Triumph/Spirit, I think), b/c they are owned by the same company. Same EXACT layout of the ship, different restaurant names.

So, you will find many of the same amenities and offerings. NOTE, though, that they do have a heavy European influence onboard, so some of the activities are not the norm: arts/crafts for adults, dancing lessons, Roman/Toga night, etc.

We had lots of fun both times we went--as did our kids. They enjoyed the kids club, which also had many similar kids cruise activities: face painting, theme parties, games, etc. One difference--for each activity the child participates in, they earn "Squokker Bucks". At the end of the week, they trade in those bucks for cool items at an auction: backpacks, frisbees, hats, etc...

I recommend you give them a try. You can't beat the price!

Do you have any specific questions? I'll be glad to answer.

CeleBrat

I can't comment on the kids club but my son (then 9) enjoyed our one and only Costa cruise.

I didn't like the decor (this may be better now). We were on Costa Victoria and there seemed to be alot of orange and marine blue, very modern. The cabins were quite small but we did have fun.

I didn't like that I could not get Chardonnay by the glass! That's my drink of choice and that was a bummer.

The ship was crowded and there were many topless sunbathers- which is probably why my husband said it was his favorite cruise!

Archived