Tobago - Good Southside Dives and Dive Shop?

o2bonn

My family of 4 divers will be visiting Tobago in April. The ship docks at Scarborough. From what I have read, the best diving (and dive shops) is in the northest (Speyside). Is there any good diving in the Crown Point/Bucco area? Also, any good shops? If not, how long would it take to get to Speyside and would those dive shops pick us up? Thanks all for any advice!

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are doing the March 25, 2009, Amazon cruise (FLL-Manaus-FLL) on the Pacific Princess. We will be in Tobago on April 2 and 18. The ship docks in Scarborough, supposedly at 9am. There are dive sites around Scarborough but most of the better sites are near Speyside, which is at least an hours drive away.

World of Watersports was the only operator that I could find that offers dives from Scarborough. But I could not get them to agree to wait for us on the 9am dive (they might if you have more than 2 divers). Their afternoon dive left too late, so we would only be able do a 1-tank late morning dive there.

http://www.worldofwatersports.com/wow/default.aspx

Tobago Dive Experience operates out of Speyside and was willing to arrange transportation (UD$90) for us but the schedule was tighter than we felt comfortable with. You would have to do a late morning and early afternoon dive to get in two dives. They did say that they have had divers from cruise ships do a 2-tank with them with no problem getting back to the ship.

http://www.tobagodiveexperience.com/tde/diverates.aspx

Carolyn

Thanks for your reply. I ended up finding two well regarded dive operators in the "Crown Point" area (south by the Airport). I am going with R & Seas Divers ("rseasdivers.com") because they were friendly, responsive and agreed to provide all transportation to and from Scarbough. Wendy is the person I dealt with. Prices are $90 for two tank dive plus $10-20 for equipment. Tell her you were recommended by Rick from Virginia diving w/them on April 8th. Good Luck!:)

Archived