Disney Wonder in Port Everglades Today

Minne Wonka Girl

My BIL is on the wonder right now and he said it was a medical emergency but didn't know the details. he said during breakfast the ship suddenly changed direction and picked up speed (not typical for an At Sea day). About 45 minutes later they announced that they were going to port for a medical emergency. He said several emergency vehicles met the ship. Thoughts and prayers for those involved.

My BIL is on the wonder right now and he said it was a medical emergency but didn't know the details. he said during breakfast the ship suddenly changed direction and picked up speed (not typical for an At Sea day). About 45 minutes later they announced that they were going to port for a medical emergency. He said several emergency vehicles met the ship. Thoughts and prayers for those involved.

Thanks for the update. I figured thats what it was. Its good they were so close to land. Once we had to almost stop at sea while the coast guard helicopter took a child and her family off the Magic. That kind of transfer is very dangerous.

I hope they are all ok.

What kind of things happen on the ship? I was thinking the worse was a broken leg or arm but for this I must be wrong. Oh my. We need to pray for that family. Plus for them to get back home.

Unfortunatly just because your on vacation bad things cans till happen.

We had a child on our cruise who had severe seizures, so she needed to go to the hospital.

another time a man had a heart attack and needed better medical attention than the ship can give him.

My friends were crusing when an older gentleman passed away on the cruise so they took him and his family off the ship too.

Another friend had someone who had appendicitous(sorry about the spelling)

Sometimes you never hear what happened, you just know they need more medical care than the ship can provide for them so they try their best to get them to a hospital whether they do an unscheduled stop or with a helicopter lowering a basket on deck 10 to pick them up.

We just hope and pray they are ok and will be able to do their family vacation soon, with everyone in good health.

Archived