Got a call today from Carnival

sappygirl

about upgrade to Cat. 11. Did I get a good deal? $500.00 (originally had balcony) free champagne, strawberries and picture comps. He first wanted $700.00 but I told him that was too much. This would be our first suite so I am kind of excited.:D Have a few questions though, we are leaving out of Galveston on sunday (YEAH) where do we have to go for vip once we get our luggage checked? Do we go through security with the rest or is there another line for vip? Any info you can give would be appreciated. I know some of you will probably say that it is not worth it because you don't spend much time in there but we do spend alot of time on the balcony. I was really surprised they called because we don't book guarantees and from I have read most of the time that is who they offer them to. I guess they are having a hard time filling the ship.

Thanks!

I got an upsell call on Monday & we are going to have our first suite too! I am so excited. I think you got a good deal. If you bargained & got them lower than what they were asking for, you did better than me. I just jumped at it when they offered it!

My PVP said to be sure to ask for VIP check-in as soon as we got to the docks. I have read that Mobile is the easiest dock in the world to check in & out of, so my VIP might be wasted. We did Galveston on Princess a few years ago & the check-in was fairly long. Don't know about Carnival. I'm sure if you ask the porters, they can direct you.

Have a great trip!

Once you go up the escalators, look for the VIP line (on the left side) near the security checkpoint. You will move to the front of the other security lines and then when you are through security, look for another sign showing you to the VIP checkin room (it's to the left of the security area also). Sometimes there are lots of VIP's and it's actually faster to checkin in the regular lines. You'll have to make that call once you are through security.

Hey Sappygirl,,,,

I got the same phone call today except I was already in a Cat.11 so I went to a Cat.12 with the same goodies thrown in! I would be very curious to know if you got my cabin (7322)? Only a few days left now! Looking forward to meeting everyone. See ya there!

Once you go up the escalators, look for the VIP line (on the left side) near the security checkpoint. You will move to the front of the other security lines and then when you are through security, look for another sign showing you to the VIP checkin room (it's to the left of the security area also). Sometimes there are lots of VIP's and it's actually faster to checkin in the regular lines. You'll have to make that call once you are through security.

Thanks for the info.:D

Hey Sappygirl,,,,

I got the same phone call today except I was already in a Cat.11 so I went to a Cat.12 with the same goodies thrown in! I would be very curious to know if you got my cabin (7322)? Only a few days left now! Looking forward to meeting everyone. See ya there!

LOL. Sure did :D

It use to be a year ago it was a free upgrade. When some of the cheerleaders here tell you nothing has been cut back from Carnival LOL here is a big 1.

Not trying to be smart here but in this economy it is smart business. How much can you give away for free in your business?

Not trying to be smart here but in this economy it is smart business. How much can you give away for free in your business?

I give away about $3,700 on a cone day each year for sick kids. I don't gross a fraction of what carnival does. How much do you give?

Maybe this is how Carnival can keep contributing to their charities. I am sure they contribute their fair share. If people are willing to pay to get an upgrade why should they give it away. The people who are getting the upgrade are happy because they got it for a good price so what difference does it make. They are in a business to make money after all.

It use to be a year ago it was a free upgrade. When some of the cheerleaders here tell you nothing has been cut back from Carnival LOL here is a big 1.

I feel great about getting a $1600.00 upgrade for only $300.00! I don't ever expect anything for free! I will enjoy my $300.00 upgraded penthouse! Happy Cruising folks!

Archived