help me talk my dad into taking a family cruise

momsoftwins

For over 20 years my Bride and I spent our anniversaries in Las Vegas.

This past August we decided to celebrate our 40th on our first cruise, the POA in Hawaii.

Our first cruise, our first trip to Hawaii.

We loved it! So much so, that in March we will celebrate my 60th birthday with a cruise on the Star to Mexico, taking our kids and grandkids along!

So much more fun than a week in Lost Wages!

• 3 weeks later...

I took my first cruise 2 years ago, it took my fiance 2 years to talk me into it, I went on the Adventure of the Seas royal carribean, absolutely loved it, I am going on the Oasis for 2 weeks in Sept/10, it will be our 8th cruise, now that should tell you how much us seniors enjoyed it, it only takes 1 and you are hooked, especially on the big newer ships, they don't rock so no sea sickness! He will not regret it, never experienced anything like it before.

For over 20 years my Bride and I spent our anniversaries in Las Vegas.

This past August we decided to celebrate our 40th on our first cruise, the POA in Hawaii.

Our first cruise, our first trip to Hawaii.

We loved it! So much so, that in March we will celebrate my 60th birthday with a cruise on the Star to Mexico, taking our kids and grandkids along!

So much more fun than a week in Lost Wages!

same here, we went to Vegas at least 3 times a year, don't care if I ever go again if I can replace it with cruises

Speaking as a single grandma of 8 I love my children & oh those grandchildren!! But I would strongly discourage the " I need you to help with the kids" bit. I love to cruise. If my grandchildren were onboard I would end up volunteering to watch while my children did so & so. I love seeing them do things I never had a chance to do at their age. But...But... I would resent them asking me on cruise so I could be a babysitter. Like I'm too old to have any fun so I can just watch the kids. Thats what grandparents are for . Poop!! Stick with I bought this as a surprise, can't get money back or change, ( we do hate waste) Get patches, script from dr. for phenerghan, cabin on lowest deck midship, Ask TA to arrange dinner seating with other seniors traveling alone, & when papa disappears from you for a bit.... don't page us we're on the water slide!!! We'll be back to watch kiddies in pool later.Get him a pc & show him a roll call so he can meet folks before he cruises. Oh remember to take med or put patch on about 6 hrs before you embark! Enjoy

Couldn't have said it better myself! I am at their beck and call on land and definitely would NOT be a babysitter while on a cruise, if I decided to go with them in the first place. I love my privacy and choose to babysit when I feel I want to.

Archived