toddler on a cruise

mary ellen smith

I am sailing early March on RC's adventure of the seas to southern caribbean. I'. going with my son and daughter-in-law and my 4yr11mo old grandaughter and 20 mo old grandson. When trying to book any excursionwe are being told we can't take the baby. this is to ride to the beach area or to go on the seaboat that lets you see under the water (not the submarine). I can't believe that a toddler is not allowed to ride on a bus. Do any of you have any suggestions for seeing Aruba or have you encountered this same kind of problem??? One RC rep said even the grandaughter could not be included because she is two weeks shy of being 5 years old.??????:confused:

It should state on the shore excursion info whether there's a minimum age. If there is no age minimum listed, you should be fine to bring both children. For most excursions, children under the age of 2 or 3 are free. This may be why the rep can't book the 20 month old. If one of them is below the minimum age, you may want to look into a private excursion. The minimum age may have something to do with that particular vendor's or RCCL's liability insurance.

I took my four year old daughter on the AOS last year. We went on a boat excursion in Aruba via AOS and we had no problem. I don't recall what it was called, but it was a long boat trip around the island and they dropped us off on a beach for about an hour. It was a lot of fun, though I probably wouldn't pay that much to do it again. We are going on another cruise to Aruba again this year and I plan on taking the city bus (probably) or cab to the beach area. Much cheaper and we'll have more time on the beach.

Archived