Meet and Mingle ???

I just got back from the VOS. We met on Monday afternoon in the High Notes bar. Everyone introduced themselves and the staff was there to give everyone a RCCL document holder for around their neck (I found this really useful and had it on everyday).
The staff welcomed us, did a little talk about the Crown and Anchor membership then did an RCCL trivia contest. The winner won a real neat computer mouse. Everyone else got "Cruise Critic" pins. After that we had some munchies passed around by staff and took some pictures. Well worth while and pretty short and sweet.
Bridget

You get to finally meet the wacko's from your roll-call!

What happens is up to you. Last week on the Mariner ours was at 1pm on a sea day. Initially a bit of a bummer for me as that was prime sun time, and it was impossible to get anyone else from my party to pry themselves away from the pool bar for the hour that it took. But it was definately worth it.

You arrive (Ellingtons in our case) You feel awkward for about 5 minutes, wondering just what ther heck you are doing with all these strangers. Then you get a free raffle ticket for about 10 different doo-dads the staff gives out as an ice-breaker. Caps, water-wallets, keychains, tee-shirts, that kind of stuff. Then its up to you to move around and meet the great people you've been messing around with on line.

thaid said:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You get to finally meet the wacko's from your roll-call!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, this is true -- if they've signed up for the party. Most do, some do not.

It's really fun to see if people look like you imagined they would or not. The whole point is to finally meet and mingle. I highly recommend going to the Meet and Mingle and don't just sit there -- mingle. Plus, you might make some new friends. It's fun walking around the ship, or around a port, and hearing someone call your name to say hi or meeting new friends for drinks before or after dinner.

As others have said, there have been raffles, people from RCI have spoken, and if there's a Cruise Critic Host on board, you're sure to meet him or her there. Every one I have been to has been a little different.

Host Miriam
Community Supervisor
[email]ldrscruisemir7@aol.com[/email]

Archived