Radiance 9256??

solay

I'm new to cruising and am looking for some advice on the cabin I've booked: Radiance 9256 to Mexico on Jan. 2, 2010. I booked the cabin because the balcony looks huge and even looks as though it may wrap around a little. However, I'm worried about people being able to look down on us and the noise level from the Windjammer 2 decks above us. Are there other cabins that one would recommend instead? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I think you have one of the best cabins on the ship! I love that cabin. It's got a huge balcony and there isn't any noise from up above. It's nice and quiet at the end of the hallway. The balcony does wrap around a bit, which is nice.

You've made a great choice - enjoy that cabin!

Leslie

I'm new to cruising and am looking for some advice on the cabin I've booked: Radiance 9256 to Mexico on Jan. 2, 2010. I booked the cabin because the balcony looks huge and even looks as though it may wrap around a little. However, I'm worried about people being able to look down on us and the noise level from the Windjammer 2 decks above us. Are there other cabins that one would recommend instead? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Wow!!! For a 'newbie' you certainly scored w/ this one. You have one of the most sought after cabins on the ship!!! ;) We have not sailed in this cabin, but have sailed in 1100 SEVERAL times (deck 10 directly above this cabin). DO NOT give up this cabin unless the walk getting to the cabin is a concern.......

To directly address your concerns, noise will not be an issue. While you 'may' hear some noise while on your balcony during "busy" times in the Windjammer, it is nothing overbearing and has not stopped us from enjoying the balcony (and we are MUCH closer in 1100 to the noise than you will be).

IF you are standing at the railing, yes some people can see you. However step back 2' and you can not be seen from above!!! There is very good 'privacy' on this balcony. ;) You should understand that any balcony on the ship will NOT provide "total privacy".....don't worry about it, simply limit your 'activities' while standing at the railing. :D

Last notation, while the balcony does 'allow' a view up the Port side of the ship, it is NOT a true wrap around. The balcony narrows greatly in this area......just a heads-up!!!

Bruce

We just sailed on the Serenade in 9256 and loved it. There is much more privacy than when we were on an Adventure aft. You have to be standing directly at the railing for someone to see you. With Adventure, you could see alot of the balcony when you looked down on others.

If you are on the balcony, you can hear people talking from the WJ but not in your cabin.

Loved that cabin and hope to find it available again!

Here are two pictures of 9256. It is a great cabin and I think you will love the balcony. Just be forewarned that there are no stairs or elevators in the aft section of the ship so it can be a long walk to the Centrum. However, that is a small price to pay for a great cabin.

Radiancestern.jpg

Radianceaftbalcony.jpg

We had that cabin on the Jewel for the Baltic and will have it again on the Brilliance in the Med this summer. We love it.

We have a note place on our reservation that you do not want to be moved from this cabin. I would rather have 9256 than be upgraged to a JS on the side of the ship.

Archived