Do we need a taxi?

BobandBrenda

in Juneau and skagway you will be docked (or tender in if crowded) downtown. Skagway is very small (800) year round residents) and there really is only one Main street. to get there you will See the White Pass & Yukon depot. It is a hike to the cemetery. Juneau downtown is compact due to the mountains and to go out to Mendenhall glacier it is about 14 miles. However, if not taking tour there are shuttles. look around on this site for information. I have only been to Victoria by BC ferry but I believe ships do not dock downtown but most have some sort of shuttles to take to the area around the Empress? hotel. nearby is a wonderful museum. If you want to visit Buchart Gardens you will need transportation or a tour, I am sure someone can give you more information. I would search around on this web site. :)

I agree with Candysmom, you can do without a cab in Juneau and Skagway. In Victoria your ship will dock at the Ogden Point cruise pier which is a 20 min walk into the downtown area. Alternatively there will be shuttle buses at the pier which will take you to a stop which is across the street from the Empress Hotel at a cost of about $7 pp rtn or a cab ride is about $10 in either direction.

Archived