ROLL CALL: Carnival Splendor - June 7, 2009

tazmanaf

ToF -

looking forward to it

im Taz's partner

this is a good cruise and a great ship to be on

we will have to meet up on board before sailing - we are probably going to drive down a day early and process early ( 9am) at the Queen Mary so we can be onbard the ship at 11am (ish) - we did that last time and it was nice being on board early and just hanging out and enjoying

We won't arrive until 1:10pm at LAX, so we don't have that much time to spend onboard until we sail, which is a shame :-(

Luckily we'll be spending the next 2 days on sea, so plenty of time to roam the ship and relax then :-)

Have you cruised with Carnival before? Do you already know on which deck you will be? Our cabin is on the Verandah deck and we really don't know what expect from this cruise. Our attitude is more or less just to relax and enjoy the ride :-)

No worries about arriving late - food and drink flow at all hours of the day and night.

Once you arrive on the ship - youll probably go check out your room for the stay and drop your luggage off and head up to LIDO deck (that is after you get on board and stop and take pictures of the ships entrance mid-ship (this is were the atrium elevators are a bar or 3, pursers desk or info desk and other handy things) then you go to your room.

Lido deck is the first open or partially open deck of the ship with pools the buffet hot tubs bars and people. this is where a lot pf people gather and get sun and just enjoy the air

a deck above that is open as well but looks down onto LIDO via opening for the pools and such good to walk and lay out as well

You are just going to be in awe really

you can do as much or as little as you like and then do more or less of that

I have taken a few Carnival cruises and my partner has as well. We fell in love with being on a ship and having nothing to do but...............(you fill it in)

A vacation is to relax and most people dont get a chance to do that really

cruising is a way to actually let go meet great people eat good food have fun and relax in adifferent way

if you love the water and the thought of isolation while at sea for two days

you will love it

We will be hanging out on LIDO deck prior to the emergency drill

AFT (back of ship) LIDO is a bar and a pool and hottub - its a good place to kick back and enjoy views and stuff and where most groups meeting one another gather to say howdy after chatting for several months on the boards like we are.

Then right before sailing there is a lifeboat drill - go to cabin get lifejackets - go to where you will meet your lifeboat in case of emergency -and learn how to use your lifejacket and other stuff - lasts about 15 minutes or so then run back to cabin (use stairs cause elevators are out of order at that time to simulate actual emergency and head to a place to watch the ship sail away and start partying

When you get in your room on the inside of your door is a MAP and a Muester station location - this is where you go during the lifeboat drill - very easy actually.

We should plan on meeting once you get on board

• 2 months later...

Hello guys! I'm Ron Pass, and I'll be your piano bar entertainer on the Splendor. So I guess you could say I'm booked on this cruise. LOL. :D I thought I'd drop in and say hi on the thread... Hope it's not to late for you to catch my message.

Anyway, I perform in the "Grand Piano" piano bar (Deck 5, Promenade Deck, aft). Sorry, no show tunes, but I do play classic rock, rock n' roll, country, folk, Motown, pop, etc. After midnight it may get naughty! Come join me for some sing-a-long, clap-a-long, drink-a-long fun! I always like to see fellow "family" members in my bar!!! Also, there is a Friends of Dorothy listing every day in the daily activity newsletter. Keep an eye out for it. They meet at the wine bar, which is right outside my piano bar! Perfect! Tee hee!!

I hope you're looking forward to your cruise. Safe travels to L.A.!

Ron

Archived