Indy: Royal Family Suite 8414 - balcony 'roof' question

jinjo75

We are booked on Independence of the Seas leaving on 25th of April from Southampton. At first we decided to book two adjacent junior suites but now we changed it to one Royal Family Suite, which costs us actually less than the 2 JS... :D

Anyway, here's my question: Is it true that the balcony of Suite No. 8414 has no roof at all? Has anyone ever stayed in this suite and has taken some pictures?

Has anyone ever tried to make up some kind of 'roof' on their own? I'm thinking of some kind of cloth we could attach somewhere... is this completely unrealistic? It's not so much about privacy (although this might be an issue for my MIL), but more for sun protection for my 2.5 year old...

Any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

We had the room directly above yours on the Liberty last year. We could look down onto the balcony below us, so I know it is not totally covered. I can't remember how much "roof" we had from above. Not sure about attaching a sheet somehow. This is a picture of my 3 year old eating ice cream at about 3:00, it appears to have had a fair amount of shade.

ry%3D480

Archived