Insuring trip

oooohDonna

My sister paying for her 2 grown sons and 3 grandkids. They the 5 of them are driving to port from KY.

She is wanting to get insurance. What if car broke down, etc. and they missed ship, is what she is thinking. She has alot of money invested in this trip, as you can see.

What are her best options to cover herself if something happens?

Go through Carnival or through another source, i.e. , the various web sites that offer trip insurance?

Thanks for any advise!

D

If she's worried about her car breaking down, resulting in missing the ship, make sure the insurance she buys covers that. I doubt many policies do. In the alternative, she could drive down the a day early and spend the night at a hotel, so they'll be rested and ready to go in the morning.

I was also wondering this. I can get insurance thru Carnival for 49.00 a piece. Should I look elsewhere? Is Carnivals insurance as good/better than most?

Wow, she paid $300 for 4 of them and $99 for herself and they gave her the other sons for free and she was told it covers anything that would happen that would make them miss the ship. This IS insurance through Carnival.

SHE is flying down the day before. The 5 of them are driving.

I tried to tell her to look else where but she was already on the phone with Carnival before she consulted me :rolleyes: and ended up just buying it.

My sister paying for her 2 grown sons and 3 grandkids. They the 5 of them are driving to port from KY.

She is wanting to get insurance. What if car broke down, etc. and they missed ship, is what she is thinking. She has alot of money invested in this trip, as you can see.

What are her best options to cover herself if something happens?

Go through Carnival or through another source, i.e. , the various web sites that offer trip insurance?

Thanks for any advise!

D

Donna - You can generally get higher/wider coverages (and lower premiums) than Carnival by using 3rd party polies; if you're younger, you can really save some $$$. TravelInsured covers offers School Extension coverage, and covers a kid free for each adult traveler and has one Policy that covers all kids.

The Carnival Policy really doesn't cover missing the ship when you're driving there, except for an accident or for inclement weather that makes you late. A link to the Policy: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/vacation_protection_plan/Carnival_plan_desc_0308.pdf

ken

Archived