Question reguarding water excursions

ssmith468

Hey everyone,

My friend and I are on Explorer of the seas departing May 28th (my first post and first cruise) and we planned a snorkling excursion for St Thomas I believe. I was wondering if your stuff is safe while you are underwater. I realize I won't be bringing a massive amount of belongings on my excursion, but I was curious if there's someone who sort of guards your things or if there's a place to put them. I'm sure I will have a bag with dry clothes and some money in it, I just want to be sure it will be there when I am done.

Thanks for any help!

Your stuff should be safe, but that said, don't bring anything too important! We have been on excursions with local tour operators (involving a boat) and brought just a small bag with our towels, some cash and a copy of our passport information (passports are a debate on Cruise Critic, but we take our info just in case). We have never had any issues with our stuff being messed with. Are you thinking of a cruise ship excursion or someone locally? We have always done local, never the cruise ship, but either way I'd think it would be the same.

Your stuff should be safe, but that said, don't bring anything too important! We have been on excursions with local tour operators (involving a boat) and brought just a small bag with our towels, some cash and a copy of our passport information (passports are a debate on Cruise Critic, but we take our info just in case). We have never had any issues with our stuff being messed with. Are you thinking of a cruise ship excursion or someone locally? We have always done local, never the cruise ship, but either way I'd think it would be the same.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! We booked our excursion through the cruise line, it had what we were looking for and the price seemed fine.

If you're on an excursion with transportation, leave your stuff in the vehicle--it's fine. Do NOT bring anything of great value, tho...leave the pricey cameras on the ship. No one wants your flip-flops or t-shirt. Bring a small amount of cash...your seapass and credit card are plastic/waterproof...hubby can stick them in his pocket, if you are afraid someone may take them. Which they won't.

I just stick my "stuff" in the pages of an old book--no one wants a book, either!

If you're on an excursion with transportation, leave your stuff in the vehicle--it's fine. Do NOT bring anything of great value, tho...leave the pricey cameras on the ship. No one wants your flip-flops or t-shirt. Bring a small amount of cash...your seapass and credit card are plastic/waterproof...hubby can stick them in his pocket, if you are afraid someone may take them. Which they won't.

I just stick my "stuff" in the pages of an old book--no one wants a book, either!

haha I could see myself getting an old crusty looking book and cutting the inside out so I can hide my things inside it!

Archived