Advice from the Veterans

aanda

Happy honeymoon!

Pack your bathing suit (and maybe your 1st night honeymoon nightie) in your carry-on.

Select late seating or MTD so that you won't need to rush to early dinners after port stops.

Try one of the specialty restaurants.

Join the roll call for your cruise and see who is going to be booking excursions.

Research the ports of call and decide which ports you may be able to go off on your own.

Try a couples massage in the spa.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

You picked a beautiful ship for your first cruise. We love the Brilliance are will be sailing Aug. 26th from Barcelona. Photos from previous cruises on the Brilliance and sister ship the Jewel in the link below.

Hopefully you are planning to arrive at least one day ahead of your sailing date. We are flying from Ottawa three days prior to sailing (overnight flight to Frankfurt enroute to Barcelona) and are staying two nights post-cruise in Germany.

Definitely join your Roll Call as IWorkToCruise recommended.

We always book early seating for dinner because that is closest to the time we normally eat dinner. The entertainment in the evening is geared around dining times to ensure everyone has a chance to attend the shows so usually those with late seating will go to the show before dinner.

Packing is a challenge when flying but the ship has laundry services at very good prices so keep that in mind.

Reading reviews from other posters on similar itineraries will also help you get a better idea of what to except.

Again congratulations! What a lovely way to spend a honeymoon!

Kathy:)

I always tell people to try to time going down to dinner at the precise time or a minute or 2 later so you do not have to stand in the crowded area of the diningroom entrance. I hate crowds so we always time it to go in as everyone in the crowd has already passed thru doors.

Congrats on the wedding and your first cruise. Let me tell you, its addicting! We started in August of 07. Then went 12/07, 5/08, 8/08, 12/08 and now 3/08! I am hooked!

We did MTD on Princess and I did not like it. I thoroughly enjoy getting to know my tablemates AND the waitstaff. And they really do get to know you. I have yet to have a waiter (on traditional dining on RCI) that by the 2nd night, doesnt know my likes!

Have a great time!

Ditto on requesting a table for two, then it really does not matter if you do mytime dining or assigned seating.

I would try to get a balcony for your honeymoon. It is so romantic to sit out there at night, or have breakfast in the morning.

Pack extra bathing suits, as you will probably want more than you think.

The Brilliance is a beautiful ship. You will love it!

My first cruise was my honeymoon as well. I agree, definitely splurge on the balcony...you will enjoy sitting out there in the mornings and evenings for sunsets. (But once you get a balcony, you are not going to NOT get a balcony). We have had balconies every since.

I didn't know about CC before my first cruise, so good thing you are here to learn a few things.

We did all of our excursions through the ship. We didn't venture out on our own until about our fourth cruise. Ask here for excursion advice.

Bring at least three bathing suits.

Don't pay tips up front. Wait until the end.

That is all I can think of for now. But you are already in the right direction being on here. Congrats to you! You will be hooked on cruising...we are!!!

Archived