Hawaiian Hotdog

cantw82cruise

A year or so ago I was watching the travel channel and they were doing a show on the 10 best hotdogs. One of them was a hotdog from Hawaii that had like a pastry around it instead of a bun. My wife said she really wanted to try one if we ever went to Hawaii. Well now we are going and I can't remember where these were. I thought it was on Oahu but I can't be sure.

Dose anyone have a clue where I can find these?

Thanks for the help John

A year or so ago I was watching the travel channel and they were doing a show on the 10 best hotdogs. One of them was a hotdog from Hawaii that had like a pastry around it instead of a bun. My wife said she really wanted to try one if we ever went to Hawaii. Well now we are going and I can't remember where these were. I thought it was on Oahu but I can't be sure.

Dose anyone have a clue where I can find these?

Thanks for the help John

Well I was able to answer my own question through the Travel Channel web site. It’s a Puka Dog….

If anyone else is interested here is a link to what I am talking about.

http://www.pukadog.com/

John

Be prepared to stand in line if you go! I saw the Travel Channel special too and was determined to get one of those Puka Dogs. We went to Poipu Beach in Kauai and Puka Dog is at a small mall about 5 minutes away. We headed over full of anticipation only to find a line about 30 people long! As much as I wanted one I couldn't justify making my family stand in line for an hour for a hot dog when we only had 8 hours to spend in Kauai. So we left, but I might just give it another try next year!

Archived