Destiny Review: 02/09/09: Nassau, HMC, GT

KenMo

Now it's Half Moon Cay.....the reason I booked this itinerary!!!

We were able to get a cabana. We wanted to be far away from the action and we got the second to the last one on the far end. Number 14.

This beach is beautiful. And just like everyone says, the sand is like talcum powder.

HalfMoonCayBeach.jpg

With the cabana, you get a fruit tray, veggie tray, a large bag of chips, a tray with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and ranch, about 8 oranges, soda and water.

FoodthatcomeswiththeCabana1.jpg

There is a buffet starting at 11:30am. They have hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, cole slaw, desserts, and a couple other types of salads.

HalfMoonCaybuffetfood.jpg

Here's another picture showing the inside of the cabana:

InsideCabana14.jpg

We really enjoyed just hanging out in the cabana. I didn't go in the water, but Kenny said it was too cold for him.

The last tender was at 2:15. Around 2 we started heading back to the pier. The line was loooong!! We decided to let the end of the line come to us, so we just sat in the chairs and waited.

WaitingtotenderHMC.jpg

Would you mind sharing how much it cost for one of these lovely Cabanas? We will be there in April, and this just looks oh so nice. :D

Would you mind sharing how much it cost for one of these lovely Cabanas? We will be there in April, and this just looks oh so nice. :D

I don't mind at all!

It was $225 for up to 4 people. There is an additional charge for extra people...I believe it was $50pp.

I know it might seem kind of steep, but was well worth it, IMO.

There is an air conditioner and a ceiling fan. And a shower. The lounge chairs were very comfy.

It was just real nice to be able to sit comfortably and have some shade.

You can only book a cabana once you get on the ship. So my advice is to get to the excursion desk ASAP (they opened at noon). There are only 15 cabanas and I think they go quickly.

Oh my gosh, EVA!! She was our waitress on our cruise last month on Destiny! She is the absolute BEST. So sweet and a GOOD waitress.

Thank you so much for the pictures. I am all nostalgic now and want to immediately get back on board the beautiful Destiny. :)

Fantastic review, Mona! I love all the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to write about a great ship and a wonderful itinerary. It was nice to meet you at the M&G. I also noticed my DH and DS in one of your pictures - kind of cool!! ;)

I also liked the picture of your platinum perks and the good night treats. Only 8 more cruises to go before we have esthetically pleasing bedtime snacks....:D

You did a really great job documenting many aspects of the cruise that will be helpful to so many people. As well, your sense of humour is refreshing. We had one of those mysterious flushing toilets on our first cruise. We thought we didn't know how to flush it correctly. It was so tempermental.

What a great gift for Ken! I am sure you are already planning your next cruise...

I don't mind at all!

It was $225 for up to 4 people. There is an additional charge for extra people...I believe it was $50pp.

I know it might seem kind of steep, but was well worth it, IMO.

There is an air conditioner and a ceiling fan. And a shower. The lounge chairs were very comfy.

It was just real nice to be able to sit comfortably and have some shade.

You can only book a cabana once you get on the ship. So my advice is to get to the excursion desk ASAP (they opened at noon). There are only 15 cabanas and I think they go quickly.

Thanks so much! This is what we might be doing when we arrive there, can't wait!

So far, So good can't wait to hear more! :) We'll be on her in a year going to do a B2B and I'm looking forward to it as we have some CC pals going on the first half with us! :D I'm like to hear the good and the bad please and Thank you!

Oh my gosh, EVA!! She was our waitress on our cruise last month on Destiny! She is the absolute BEST. So sweet and a GOOD waitress.

Thank you so much for the pictures. I am all nostalgic now and want to immediately get back on board the beautiful Destiny. :)

Eva was just a doll! She was soooo cute, I just wanted to take her home with me...lol!

Fantastic review, Mona! I love all the pictures. Thank you for taking the time to write about a great ship and a wonderful itinerary. It was nice to meet you at the M&G. I also noticed my DH and DS in one of your pictures - kind of cool!! ;)

I also liked the picture of your platinum perks and the good night treats. Only 8 more cruises to go before we have esthetically pleasing bedtime snacks....:D

You did a really great job documenting many aspects of the cruise that will be helpful to so many people. As well, your sense of humour is refreshing. We had one of those mysterious flushing toilets on our first cruise. We thought we didn't know how to flush it correctly. It was so tempermental.

What a great gift for Ken! I am sure you are already planning your next cruise...

Thanks, Mommy!!

I take it you made it out of FLL...lol! What a madhouse! I've never seen it like that before.

Yep....next cruise is in the works. Looks like were taking Glory in May. Can't wait!

Thanks for the GREAT review. I love how you put the pictures in as you go. I hope they get the slide and green pool problem fixed before April as there will be 6 kids in our group on the Destiny. But you never know the kids might love the bubbles. :D

I never went back to check the slide. But maybe they were just cleaning it at the time.

And the green pool....hopefully that will be cleaned by April....lol!

Have a great cruise!

Thank you for the review! I am looking into this cruise for the end of June. I wanted to rent a cabana also, does it come with the snorkling stuff come with it? How far are you from the buffet for lunch having #14?

Yes, snorkle equipment came with it. They'll ask the shoe size for everyone in the cabana at the excursion desk.

I'd guess the food pavillion was about a 5 min. walk from #14.

There is a paved walkway behind the cabanas. The bathrooms were behind #10. And then it was again as much to the food.

There are tons of picnic tables at the food pavillion, so you wouldn't have to carry the food back to the cabana. But I figured, for the price, I'm sitting in that sucker every second I can. LOL

Thanks, Mommy!!

I take it you made it out of FLL...lol! What a madhouse! I've never seen it like that before.

Yep....next cruise is in the works. Looks like were taking Glory in May. Can't wait!

Hi Ken & Mona

This is Brent & Sally from our Liberty cruise together, we met at the M & G. Why dont you guys delay going on the Glory till Sept 12, Barry and Debra and Sally and I are going to be on the Glory? Just and idea By the way, great review

Brent

Archived