Question for Tom, Caro, Sally, or any CC'ers that have done this before ?

J&B in GA

My family (26+ members) will be cruising this Christmas in the Western Carribbean with a stop in Cozumel on Tuesday, Dec. 21st. Approx. 16-20 of us would like to tour the Island with a private tour using English Speaking drivers with a couple of large vans. Based mostly on posts on this site, we would like to stop in Dzul-Ha (snorkeling), Paradise Beach (Sun, Swim, Lunch, relax and meet PB Tom for a few Pinapples :D ), Coconuts (Drink and Photo Opp.), plus any interesting Mayan Ruins on the Island. We would like to be back in San Miguel NLT 4:30 PM for some shopping before re-boarding our ship.

Tom ... Please ADD us to your VIP Daytimer (12/21) for MANY Pineapples ! :D

We arrive at the Punta Langosta Pier @ 10:00 AM and will need to be back on-board our ship NLT 6:00 PM.

Tom, Caro, and Sally ... We hope to meet you ALL on Tuesday 12/21 @ PB !

Thank you for all the valuable information you provide to ALL of us on this CC message board. :)

Use a private guide company like www.cozumeltours.com

Nelda Harris will take good care of your group and can customize a tour just you. She will also give you a super price on the tour.

p.s. You are arriving on my birthday! It would be wonderful to be able to meet you and your group.

Thank you for the referal Caro and here's to your upcoming B'Day. :D Hope you can make it out to PB early that afternoon, as we would like to extend our best wishes in person ! We should be easy to locate, as I believe there will be between 16-20 of us touring Cozumel together.

I checked out Nelda's website and although I'm sure since you recommended her, her driver/guide would provide an exceptional day, her website quotes $60USD/pp :eek: for a 5-6 hour tour. Since we can rent a mini-van for less than a 1/4 of that, (6-8 per mini-van) we may have to forego her services, unless you think she can offer a better price for our large group ? We did this in Acappolco for $20USD/pp for a 6 hour tour. We had two vans and negotiated directly at the pier when we arrived. This time we would prefer to pre-arrange a group tour in advance.

Tom, Sally, or CC'ers,

Ever use a tour group or negotiated for a large group tour while in Cozumel ?

Thank you ALL for your assistance and informative information ! We are looking forward to visiting you all at PB on Tuesday, Dec 21st.

Even without a discount $60 would be a bargain here for an island tour. Most island tours including the entry and guide for San Gervasio Ruins, 'round the island, lunch, snorkel gear would run you at least $90 per person. Group discounts usually include the 10th or 11th person free. You can definitely do it cheaper if you want to rent a minivan, (since it would no longer be a "guided tour") but I would check availability now because minivans are very limited here and run about $90 for the day plus taxi and insurance.

J&B....Tomorrow I´ll check with a transportation company that has about 15 van/Suburban type vehicles and see what they´ll charge ya. They frequently bring by tourists who want to come to a beach club, they have new/newish vehicles, and they definitely don´t drive above the speed limit. I know this ´cause I PASS them on the way to work!! Later....

J&B....Tomorrow I´ll check with a transportation company that has about 15 van/Suburban type vehicles and see what they´ll charge ya. They frequently bring by tourists who want to come to a beach club, they have new/newish vehicles, and they definitely don´t drive above the speed limit. I know this ´cause I PASS them on the way to work!! Later....
PB Tom,

Any luck contacting this tour company ? We're just looking for reliable transportation that will stop where we want, like D'zul Ha & PB, for as long as we want. Don't need anything organized, including meals or entrance fees, as we will be eating and drinking at your place I'm sure. :D

Thanks,

J&B

Muchas Gracias Tom ! :D

$25 p/p sounds good ! When speaking to "El Jeffe" tomorrow, please mention we would like a 5-6 hour tour, as we will be in port from 10am to 7:00pm and would like to be back in San Miguel for a little shopping NLT 4:30pm. Do you know if their vans can accomadate a wheelchair for one member of our family ?

By the way, we're on the NCL Dream which I understand docks at the Punta Langosta pier.

Till tomorrow,

J&B

Well, he hasn't showed up to the beach yet, but as soon as I know anything, I'll post!
Tom,

Has the "Van Man" made his appearence at PB yet ? Getting a little pressure from the FAM, as more and more are interested in your pineapple boats ? :D

Want to join the VIP list, but need to finalize our numbers first.

Thanks for looking into this for us.

J&B

J&B...been calling him all day and evening, but his cell keeps giving me the "is not available, or is out of service range" message...will try again tomorrow and if that doesn´t work you can e mail Velio Vivas (Head Honcho) here: yaxkincozumel@hotmail.com

Yaxkin is the name of the company. It´s a Mayan word that means..uh...."winged wheel of visiting tribes" ummmm....yeah...that´s it!

Tom,

Thanks for ALL your efforts ! Please keep trying and let us know, as I'm sure your prior association with Velio will go a long way in securing a better deal for our family ! I have found no other affordable alternatives, other than renting vehicles ourselves. Please post when you contact Velio.

Thank you,

J&B

Velio as give me the price of $250 per 10-person van for 5 hrs. He´d like to know if you need a special van with a lift for the wheelchair or not. If so, it´ll be a little more expensive.

Let me know!

Thanks TOM ! :D

I don't believe we'll need the wheelchair lift, but I will check with the family to be certain. How much add'l if we do ? We might actually require more than one van. Is the price of $250 per van or $25 per person, should we require a second van, as I don't believe we will have 20 people to fill both vans ? 16+ more then likely. Still finalizating our numbers. I'll contact Velio, via his email you provided, for this info if you like.

Thanks again Tom & Caro for ALL your assistance and reccomendations. Looking forward to meeting you ALL on 12/21/04 !

J&B

I won't be able to get out there until after 2. I have to work...isn't that a bummer. Hope you will still be there.
Caro,

I hope we meet you too, we will probably leave around 3:00pm so please look for us ! We also want to visit the Eastern side of the Island and Coconuts for the "Photo Opts". We hope to be back in San Miguel NLT 4:30pm, for a little shopping at the end of our day in "Paradise" ! :D Ship sails at 7:00pm ! :(

BTW -> Where's Tom, haven't seen him post the last several days ? :rolleyes:

J&B

J&B...It's $250 per van. Have you found out if you need a van with the lift? Let me know!

papillons4u...Thanx for your generous offer! Let me paste part of a post that Sally wrote:

The Cozumel Chrysalis Group collects donations of school supplies throughout the year for distrubution to their students in August. Current needs include:

New and gently used backpacks

Geometry Sets

Scientific Calculators

Packs of 12-16 colored pencils

Ink Erasers

Thanks in advance, from the children of Cozumel...

There ya go...thanx again!

Tom,

Good to hear from you again, it's been awhile ! ;) No, a wheelchair lift will not be required. I have contacted Velio and we're currently negotiating, as our numbers are still not final. We'll let you know what the family decides. No matter, we plan to meet you at PB on Tuesday 12/21. So have plenty of those VIP's and MvP's reserved for us in your daytimer. :D

Thanks again for your assistance !

J&B

Hi Tom,

I will work on everyone that is in our group to bring a little something for the kids in the area. I have one person ask me if a donation of Money instead of supplies o.k.? Will I be meeting up with you or who will I get the supplies to? We will be On the Summit departing Feb. 28th from Ft. Lauderdale. I guess we reach you on that wed. (I hear one of MANY ships that day) Will you be around?

Take care, we will be there before you know it!

Joyce

Archived