What to do in GC with toddlers and grandparents?

mjk226

We will be in Grand Cayman on March 26 with the Celebrity Century. Our group consists of a 73 year-old, 3 65 year-olds, 2 3 year-olds, a 2 year-old, and a 6 month. The 2 year-old loves the beach, we don't know about the 6 month-old, adults are mixed. I am thinking about going to Royal Palms. Will I be able to get an umbrella for 6 month-old? Is there something else that I should consider doing? We have never been to Grand Cayman before, anything deemed do not miss? THanks.

We spent a week in Grand Cayman last summer for my daughter's wedding. Our group ranged from my 87 year old father to my 3 year old grandson and everyone loved it! We had a condo on the beach and we all spent a lot of time playing in the sand and the water. Royal Palms would be a nice spot because they do have chairs and umbrellas, food and drink, and free restrooms and showers. There were a lot of things we wanted to see but we didn't have time. Some suggestions would be the butterfly farm, the botanical gardens, Hell or the turtle farm. These all seemed like they could be interesting to all ages.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

If they have an interest in animals. I would suggest Boatswain turtle farm. The turtles here are the largest I have ever seen, my guide said they were hundreds of pounds and over 50 years old. There are smaller and younger turtles, which I got to catch my own turtle for photos (the guide will teach you how to catch and release them). The turtles are amazing, the pictures I captured of the sea turtles shell was beautiful. I went on a cayman highlights, which included Hell, Tortuga rum cake factory (makes for great souvenirs), boatswain and 7 mile beach.

465300104_Picture144.jpg.d26986f210e1687d66ba368966c36188.jpg

Archived