A few bumps in the road filling out the Fun Pass

skay

1. Apparently, new passports don't list a city of issuance, but the Fun Pass site has a required field entitled "city of issuance/authority". According to the Carnival rep I spoke with, the box can be filled in with what's now typed under the "authority" line on the passport: United States Department Of State. The only thing is, that whole thing doesn't fit in the box, so I was told it was ok to abbreviate it to US Dept Of State, which does fit.

2. In the process of completing the Fun Pass application on line, it was confusing to me when I got to the part about what mode of transportation we were going to use after the ship returned to the pier. I chose shuttle service, (no connecting flight to catch, etc.) and then it asked for departure and arrival dates and times. At first, I put in the ship's arrival and departure dates and times, but it gave me an error message. I called the Carnival rep back and was told that it was asking for when we were leaving the ship, and then when we were arrving back at our house. I put that info in, and was then able to complete the process and print our Fun Pass and our luggage tags. The only thing is...it doesn't make sense to me why Carnival needs to know when we're arriving back at our house. There are no connecting flights, so that's not an issue. After I chose the shuttle service option as the way we were leaving the pier, I don't know why it was necessary to then give the time we're expecting to be back in our house. But providing that info was the only way I could complete the online registration process.

I just entered Washinton DC as the city of issuance - where the State Dept. is headquartered.

What Carnival wants is your return flight info; in case the ship is delayed for some reason they will try to notify the airlines, plus they give priority departure numbers to those with early flights. Good luck!:)

Canadian passports have the city of issuance, so that isn't a worry for me. You can easily put the city you went to/mailed the documents to apply for the passport. Thus, if you live in Nowheresville Oklahoma and Tulsa is where the passport office is, put Tulsa....I know, cheese example, but it was the first that came to mind...

As for the what you are doing after the cruise, the easiest way is select taxi!!!!! I did that for my September cruise and it had no problem with that. I was flying out the same day, and yes, it wanted WHO I was using as a shuttle service to get to the airport...Taxi seemed so much easier and they can't ask you which cab company you'll be using...

Anyhow, how/why do they want to know the after cruise info, if you are going home, your going home, does it matter how you get to the airport?....

I had similar problems with funpass. When trying to arrange a non-charging memeber account for my kids, the cabin would not bring up both kids, only one. I had to call carnival directly and they had to manually enter them in. I was never given an option that I could find to select mailable documents vs printable, and I was still in the allowed time for mailable. I had made 3 phone calls to "funpass help" and gave up and am doing printable :rolleyes:

Last year for our Victory cruise, I had to call in a few things too-they were having issues with entering in passport info. I love Carnival, but I wish they could make it a little more user friendly. I know most people probably are issue free, but there are a few glitches.

Good luck!

I write "department of state" which is exactly what it says on my passport under "city of issuance.
I'm not sure when your passport was issued, but mine was issued July, 2008, and there is no "city of issuance" heading. The heading above where it says United States Department Of State is: Authority/Autorite/Autoridad. I think that's what the Carnival rep was saying to me -- that the new passports are set up differently, and their site hasn't caught up to the new passport layout/language. So anybody with an older passport wouldn't have a problem; it's only the new ones that are different.

I'm not sure when your passport was issued, but mine was issued July, 2008, and there is no "city of issuance" heading. The heading above where it says United States Department Of State is: Authority/Autorite/Autoridad. I think that's what the Carnival rep was saying to me -- that the new passports are set up differently, and their site hasn't caught up to the new passport layout/language. So anybody with an older passport wouldn't have a problem; it's only the new ones that are different.

I don't have that heading either -- so I just put in Indiana (where we live) I think it was -- I will have to look and see. I don't think I included our city, but I might have. Do you think that will cause problems or should I edit it?

I don't have that heading either -- so I just put in Indiana (where we live) I think it was -- I will have to look and see. I don't think I included our city, but I might have. Do you think that will cause problems or should I edit it?
It probably couldn't hurt to give Carnival a call and see what they say. They were very helpful, and now I know I've got it filled out correctly, so there shouldn't be any problems during embarkation.

oh great, i put tallahassee, florida where we live, and it printed, i did have a problem with the credit card issue since i was using my card this time not my husbands. it used to be so easy, and now i'm worried but if everything else is o.k. i've been told homeland security just wants # passport info so they can (big brother) check on you

No it doesn't matter what you put in the box. I called on our's too and was told that all they really want is to know if it's a US passport so putting the state or city you applied for it in is just fine. You can also put USA in and have no problem.

As far as the shuttle service goes they want to know if you have a pre-arranged shuttle service. Some people have a driver set up to pick them up at a certain time. This is all done to ensure that if you do have set transportation times that you will be off the ship in time for those. If you put down that you have a shuttle picking you up at 10am they are going to give you a debarkation number that will allow you to make that shuttle time. If you are unsure of your mode of transportation at the time you complete your fun pass you can put down taxi.

The fun pass isn't really as difficult as it seems. Most of what you put down can easily be changed at a later date or fixed when you check in for your cruise. I had an issue with linking our credit card to my sons S&S accounts. Carnival told me to set it up as cash and give them my credit card when we check in. We did that and had no problem having it adjusted at check in.

I have to say as much as I love Carnival, their website stinks! It doesn't log out all the time without causing an error. You can never link credit cards to more than the first person in a second booking, even though it says you can. When you pick the "same as guest" option it doesn't always work.....it is just problem after problem. I wish they would get it running properly after booking so many people, you would think they would have it down by now. The people who get it to work properly their first time and actually have it SAVE their information, Good going!! How about when you finish and go back and it says your documents aren't complete after you've already printed them out? When I finally end up calling Carnival, they always say they don't know why it acts up so much. Oh well.....Thank goodness their cruises run smoother!!:p

Archived