Question on Grandeurs' D1s and D2s

dgwags

We just got another price drop on our inside cabin and when my TA (my brother) called RCCL for the drop the guy on the phone said there's probably going to be more price drops.

This got me to thinking about moving up to a balcony, their prices have dropped everytime my inside has, since the balcony price is now only $500 more then my original price for the inside.

My question is do D2s have any obstruction to the views due to like the lifeboats or are the views the same just different locations on the same deck?

The price between D2s and D1s is less then $100 per cabin.

Thanks everyone.

We just got another price drop on our inside cabin and when my TA (my brother) called RCCL for the drop the guy on the phone said there's probably going to be more price drops.

This got me to thinking about moving up to a balcony, their prices have dropped everytime my inside has, since the balcony price is now only $500 more then my original price for the inside.

My question is do D2s have any obstruction to the views due to like the lifeboats or are the views the same just different locations on the same deck?

The price between D2s and D1s is less then $100 per cabin.

Thanks everyone.

Best I remember, there used to only be a D category, about two years ago, they divided them up into D1's and D2's. I don't believe the 7th deck balconies have any obstructions. I usually stay as far aft as I can get. There are definitely no obstructions for 7150 or 7652 (aft JS's). Seriously, best I can remember, all the lifeboats are down around deck 5 and 6, and no serious obstructions on deck 7 or 8.

The lifeboats are under deck 7 so the obstructions are on deck 6 where the shops and show lounge are. None of the balconies have an obstruction. I think the main difference between d1 and d2 is that one is the forward end of the ship and one is the back end of the ship. The elevators seem to be the dividing point for the difference.

Have fun on the ship. We can't wait to get back on board in September.

Archived