Cave Tubing Pictures

navybaby1113

Me too! We did this tour in Jan. and didn't get any pics, kinda hard we you are holding on to the person in front of you feet:D And shivering from the cold and going thru black caves.

However, this is a tour I'm glad we did , Major Tom has a good group of folks working for him. they are safe, knowledgeable and helpful. We did cut it close to the last tender coming back and truely that would be my only complaint. Be fore warned that the water really is COLD , but the rainforest, hike up there and the caves are pretty cool.

Have a great time!!

I just got back yesterday...we have pictures, but they aren't that great. Holding each other makes it hard...

Major Tom runs a great operation. I would highly recommend him..we got back to the port from the cavetubing/ziplining with 45 minutes to shop. The people that ran the tour were friendly and watched the time carefully...When we were almost there, it was discovered that we had too many zipliners and not enough guides. When we got to the park, we had to wait for an additional guide to be sent. The cavetubing was really fun- water was not overwhelmingly cold (it was 91 that day with 97 percent humidity)

The only issue was the bus driver...it was his first time working for Major Tom. We came back from the ziplining and he was NOT on the bus. The tour guide was angry and told us that it was this bus driver's first time working for them and he was not to leave the bus....my boyfriend tried the door and it was unlocked. I'm VERY glad we brought our passports/money in a waterproof pouch and kept them in my BF's pocket....just keep your stuff with you. The tour guides let the bus driver have it- they were very angry. I'm sure he won't drive for them again!

We didn't go with Major Tom, but I have a ton of pictures. Here's a few of them.

Walking through the rainforest...you can see the river

342692593_4FWaN-L.jpg

How you got in the river and your tube and you can see people linked up

342694172_irXDx-L.jpg

Just the lamp lights in the first cave:

342695655_aEqeU-L.jpg

Inside one of the caves:

342696405_trH5t-L.jpg

Exit to the second cave:

342697865_jBeDs-L.jpg

Floating down the open river:

342699732_JDVyM-L.jpg

I have a bunch more if there's anything you're specifically interested in, but I can only post 6 at a time.

One more set

342694866_wFzDQ-L.jpg

342695421_zSTQA-L.jpg

342696026_rBwwB-L.jpg

342696405_trH5t-L.jpg

342697986_3Q6dQ-L.jpg

This is the end of the river just before you get out. You can see all the people at the end. If you look closely you can see a rope hanging off one of the trees. Some people from another group were swinging from it and jumping into the water.

342700393_rDEpK-L.jpg

I also have a video of a couple different parts of the river that has a bunch of short video clips (our waterproof camera only takes 10 second clips) all put together.

Video

irky416, thank you soo much for posting those pics, brings it all back:)

I agree Major Tom has a good operation (nice paople and safe) but will add that between your unlocked bus and us bearly making it back on time I probably wouldn't use them again. It was scary to just catch the last tender.

What tour group did you go with? I was thinking of using Jaguar Paw...

If this was directed to me, we went with cave-tubing.com I would highly recommend them. We did two caves and they were very willing to help anyone with their tubes along the walk. I think one of our guides was carrying at least 4 at one point.

Did you have any problems taking your camera? You have great pictures and video, I am just afraid of dropping mine in the water. I purchased a disposable waterproof camera, but I don't think it will be the quality of your pictures.

Did you have any problems taking your camera? You have great pictures and video, I am just afraid of dropping mine in the water. I purchased a disposable waterproof camera, but I don't think it will be the quality of your pictures.

Thanks! We have a waterproof digital camera. I love it! I honestly wouldn't recommend taking a regular digital camera (or anything you don't want to get wet for that matter!). Even if you were extremely careful, I don't think it would possible to keep the camera dry.

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of. I guess I will stick with the disposable one I bought. Maybe someone in my group will have a waterproof digital camera. We go next week!!!

Have a great time!!! :D And I have gotten some really nice pictures from a disposable waterproof camera before. (If it doesn't have a flash, though, don't waste pictures inside the caves because they probably won't turn out.)

If this was directed to me, we went with cave-tubing.com I would highly recommend them. We did two caves and they were very willing to help anyone with their tubes along the walk. I think one of our guides was carrying at least 4 at one point.

I also went with cave-tubing.com in March 2007 and they were great. I would also highly recommend them. They will accomodate you in anyway possible.

We also went with cave-tubing.com and they were awesome! I felt they were very informative on the way to the river and very helpful while going down the river!! I would highly recommend them!

Awesome pictures irky416! We didn't have a camera and someone took pictures for us but I didn't get him my email...:( I think he had the same camera! We went over Thanksgiving week.

As for the tender, we were cutting it close for one of the ships and Yhonny called the tender and made sure they held the last one for that ship!

Enjoy your cave-tubing adventure!

We use the company http://www.belizeansun.com/, we did ruins with them in 04 and cave tubing in 06 and are going with them again this April. Our group did not connect up like I see in all the pictures, we just floated along, very relaxing, also we skipped lunch and just had local snacks and drinks in the van so we had more time on the river, we spent an extra 45 minutes floating down the river after the last cave. The Sun feels great after the chilly caves:)

We also took a disposable water proof camera, pictures inside the cave were not good, but ones getting in the river and when we were floating on river after the second cave were fine.

Our group did not connect up like I see in all the pictures, we just floated along, very relaxing,

I was wondering about that. It seems that every pic I see is of everyone in the group linked up like a train. I just don't think I would like that. I like to do my own thing. I think it would be much more enjoyable to just float by yourself without having to hang onto someone and someone hanging on to you. I will check this company out for sure!

How do you stay together. Do you have to hold hands or are the tubes tied together? What kind of water are you getting in? Is it a spring (very ice cold water) or just a stagnate river? Is there alligators and snakes possible?

You just hook your legs over the next tube and under their arms, you float backwards down river. The water is chilly but not icy cold, the air temp in the cave is also cool, I was slightly chilled when we floated out of the cave (sun felt good) but not freezing or overly uncomfortable and I do not like being cold! The river water is pretty clear because the bottom is sandy not muddy. We saw no wild life of any kind.

Archived