My Personal Experience with Carseats

Citizen Jane

Before we left on our cruise for Cozumel and Belize last summer, after much research I bought a portable, vest-type car seat (ridesafer travel vest) that we could use at Grammy's house before the cruise and in the two countries.:)

Well, being the dummy I am it was our first cruise and in the frenzy to head out on excursions Bad Mommy left it on the ship both times.:mad::rolleyes: (Fortunately we had really good transportation both times and we could make do with the lap-shoulder belt).

In any case, we DID use it at Grammy's house and have since found it great for babysitters to use or for when a friend picks up the kids afterschool for a playdate and doesn't have an extra seat. DD is almost 6, but this thing harnesses in much safer than a booster seat and is super easy to use after you get the hang of threading the lap-shoulder belt through it. I especially like the head/neck protection.

So, if you are nervous I'd definitely take a seat along and I'd consider the ridesafer as an option. It works well.

I will be taking it with us again this time...hopefully I won't forget and leave it on the ship again!:cool:

I would like to know about this car seat too. As I need to figure out something for my two 6 year olds this summer when we cruise....Cruisinmama - I remember reading a post where you recommneded something too... Could you tell us again? I am looking for something small and easily transportable...

Thanks so much!

Link please. :D

I can add it to my web site for possible alternatives for traveling.

Sorry Guys!

:oI wasn't sure whether I was allowed to link to a commercial website and too lazy to go look it up.:eek:

It meets federal safety standards too...

Linky Linky...

http://www.safetrafficsystem.com/

Archived