Travellodge by the space needle

behler0198

Hi everyone,

My TA booked us at the Travel lodge by the space needle as part of our cruise package. I know we will have to find our own transportation to the hotel from the airport and from the hotel to pier 66. We will be there in May. Because I am not from the area I trust his judgement. We have used this TA a few times before with no issues with any of his bookings. After reading some reviews on this hotel and all the input from these threads I am not so sure this is the hotel for us. Although it is just to sleep............we wont arrive until about 5:00 pm from the east coast. I know that when he booked this he had our budget in mind.

Any thoughts on this hotel and transportation tips? We are not hard to please people but i do want a clean and safe place to stay so any input you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Stayed there in 2007. It needed some improvement but they were in the process of same. The room was just OK for one night. However, I will be in Seattle next October and I chose another hotel.

Used taxi from train station to hotel and hotel to cruise ship, can't remember the cost but not too bad.

I have not stayed at any of these hotels so I would check some reviews, some other hotels in the Seattle Center area are:

The Best Western Executive Inn

The Silver Cloud Lake Union

The Comfort Inn Seattle Center

The Marriott Courtyard Lake Union

The Holiday Inn Express Seattle Center

As I said I have not stayed at these but they might be in price range you are looking for??

Good luck.

Another thought since you arrive into Seattle early evening why not stay near Seatac Airport. Most hotels out there have shuttles from the airport to the hotel and the prices are usually better prices than in the city. Then the next day you would only need to pay for the trip to the pier.

We thought about that idea but since we were never to Seattle maybe we would have time to do alittle sight seeing like the Space needle so that is why we choose a hotel downtown. When reading the review from the hotel website some reviews said they didnt feel safe when venturing out. I also heard alot of renovations are being done. Is it really that unsafe? What time does the sun actually set? Will we have time to see a few things? If not maybe that would be an option and switch our reservation to a hotel at the airport.

I will check into all the options.......thank you for your input. it is greatly appreciated!

We thought about that idea but since we were never to Seattle maybe we would have time to do alittle sight seeing like the Space needle so that is why we choose a hotel downtown. When reading the review from the hotel website some reviews said they didnt feel safe when venturing out. I also heard alot of renovations are being done. Is it really that unsafe? What time does the sun actually set? Will we have time to see a few things? If not maybe that would be an option and switch our reservation to a hotel at the airport.

I will check into all the options.......thank you for your input. it is greatly appreciated!

Unsafe is such a subjective word. I live about eight blocks from there, and I go out at night all the time. But, then, of course, I know what to watch out for and what/whom to avoid. Key tips are: Be aware of your surroundings at all times, if you see a large group of people milling about on a street corner, and they don't look like they are just waiting for the light to change, avoid them. Ignore panhandlers and drunks, don't even talk to them. Just keep on walking.

The sun will go down around 9pm when you are in Seattle. I have lived in Seattle my entire life and have never felt unsafe walking around the Seattle Center, as the pp said do beware of your surroundings but you will be safe. The Seattle Center is a major tourist spot so there will be lots of people around.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Have a great visit.

Archived