taxi in Barbados

Keta

Mr. Barbados (or anyone else with knowledge),

We've spoken with our kids about the activities and sightseeing to do in Barbados, and they have decided that they would like to just drive to Harrison's cave and then go back to the Boatyard for a fun day there (they love the water). Does this sound like a good plan? We will have my parents with us, and I am hoping that we will be able to get a taxi van or something that will hold 6 of us. Do these exist, or are they all cars that will only hold four passengers?

Thanks!

Mr. Barbados (or anyone else with knowledge),

We've spoken with our kids about the activities and sightseeing to do in Barbados, and they have decided that they would like to just drive to Harrison's cave and then go back to the Boatyard for a fun day there (they love the water). Does this sound like a good plan? We will have my parents with us, and I am hoping that we will be able to get a taxi van or something that will hold 6 of us. Do these exist, or are they all cars that will only hold four passengers?

Thanks!

Six and eight passenger vans are readily available, not to worry.

And, yes, I think your plan is a good one. You’ll get to see one of our biggest attractions and then have a nice time at the Boatyard for the remainder of the day.

Be sure and do Harrison’s first as they can get quite crowded later in the morning and early afternoon.

Your driver will wait for you at Harrison’s to take you to the Boatyard. He will probably offer to return at a certain time to drive you back to the ship, but who ever knows how long they may stay?

Perhaps it would be better to settle-up with him at the Boatyard and then just take a shuttle/bus/cab back to the ship when you’re ready. It’s quite close. Perhaps 10 minutes.

My best wishes for a wonderful time on the island! :)

Thanks Mr. Barbados,

How much should I expect to pay for a taxi for 6 (or is it per person) to the cave and then back to the boat yard?

Don’t hold me to this as we haven’t taken a taxi in a number of years, but I’ll give it my best shot.

The last time I checked, taxis were charging about US$22/hr for up to four in the cab. A van is probably a little more plus they’ll add about US$2-3/pp above the four. Let’s say that brings it to about US$28/hr for your complete group of six.

As I remember, standby time (waiting for you at Harrison’s) is about US$10.

Depending on the traffic, the round trip from the dock to Harrison’s and back to the Boatyard should take about one hour. Plan on an hour at Harrison’s.

So you’ve got US$28 + US$10 = US$38 (+ tip) for the whole group. Could be a little higher, but I wouldn’t expect it to exceed US$45 + tip.

Perhaps there’s someone on the board that has done a similar trek and can advise us of the price.

Again, have a great time!

We just got off the Serenade last week. We found that it was $20 for a cab to go just about anywhere in Barbados. That was for everyone in your party. If it was 2 people it was $10 each. For 4 it was $5 each. There were 2 of us, and we paid $20 and we met a party of 4 who also paid $20 for their party.

We got a van last year at the port and hired the driver for the 4 of us for the WHOLE day for $75 -- we ended up giving him $100 b/c he was so nice and very good. He took us wherever we wanted to go and gave us a GREAT tour of the island...did the cave, the gardens, the beach and he stayed and waited for us. It was great!!!!!

Archived