Never sailed Princess and ?s before we book

Havinsnest

Received a note from the captain today reminding us

When you refer new passengers to Princess, each of you can save $25 off your cruise fare.

Thought maybe since you haven't cruised Princess b4..those in your family that have could refer you and save a little $. They would do it on Princess site....Captain's circle area, I believe.

I've cruised with Princess 7 times and have 2 more booked.

I like the classy decor and the ambiance of the ships.

I have not found the beds to be uncomfortable, but some people request egg crate pads added to their beds becaus they think the beds are too firm.

I have never found any problem with being able to find food I like in either the dining room or the buffet, as well as the alternative restaurants.. But food likes and dislikes and expectations are so subjective, that no one can say how your family would feel about the food. I'm not fussy, and don't have many dislikes.

I have never had less than at least good service from our room stewards, and in all but one case it was excellent.

Hope you get enough answers to your questions and concerns to help you make your decisions.

cynbar, Thanks for the suggestion. I have had that conversation with them and will continue to do so.

Re: being the parents of the groom. Our daughters got married within 10 months of one another. We catered the first of the weddings ourselves. We hadn't recovered from it when #2 announced her engagement. We are more than happy to let someone else do the planning for the male child but have let them know we will help in any way they want - whether that means doing nothing, helping here or there or doing everything. ;) I'm secretly hoping for the the former (other than organizing my family, gifts, and some sort of a dinner either before or during the cruise).

I'm also the mother of the groom, but unlike you, the bride's parents are not taking any responsibility for the upcoming wedding. <sigh> that leaves us to help with everything. I wish they would just get married on our Princess cruise in May, but then that would leave out her parents (who don't seem to care anyway). Good luck with the wedding, it sounds lovely.

Archived