My first cruise...

Jon77

Hi. I'm looking to go on my first cruise probably next summer (2010). So, I'm starting early to try and find answers to questions and such. One of my main questions is about a cruising partner. Is there a certain area of this forum that people go to and try to link up and go on a cruise together? I'm registered with Vacations to Go, and they have those singles cruises..?..Are they a good idea? Anyone else have experiences with them? I'm sure I'll have more questions later on, but I'm going to search the site to see if I can find the answers to some of them first. Thanks:)

If you look under the title Special Interest Cruising on here, there's boards for both Solo Cruisers and Singles Cruises. They might be of interest to you. Also, depending on what cruise line you're on, there might be a CC group cruise going on. Check them out!

I thought about a VTG singles cruise when I was single. Never managed to pull it off.

This board distinguishes between singles cruising (a/k/a looking for love) & solo cruising (just traveling alone). Either way, I'd still do a singles cruise just so there were more people on their own to talk to.

This board doesn't have a cabin mate matching services but I think some of the other sites like cruiseaddicts or cruisemates might. That said, cruise cabins are tiny; sharing one with another person doesn't sound like a fabulous idea to me.

Archived