Dolphin Cove Qs

supercrazy05

Hey guys this is my second time to Ocho Rios and since the last time was my wedding day I need some questions answered on what me and my wife think would be a memorable time.

How much do the Dolphin swims cost?

Is it possible to show up at the port and go to the Cove without booking through my cruise?

Is there enough time to do this in the morning and something else in the afternoon?

Is it worth it?

PS My cruise is Freedom and it starts in 2 weeks :)

We wanted to do the dolphins here, however, when I researched this trip I learned that you can only show up without going through the cruise line if you are staying in a hotel. If you are coming via cruise ship, you must book with the cruise line which is considerably more expensive. I looked up their prices on their website, then the shore excursion prices on Carnival. I chose not to do this because I feel it is a real rip off for cruise ship passengers.

I paid $100 for a dolphin encounter not a swim. My excursion started an hour after docking. you would kiss the dolphin, you would feels its belly and back, and it will perform tricks for you ... the interaction is with a group of 8 - 10 and last 20 - 30 minutes. some people would say that it was expensive and not worth it but i dont plan to do this again, so i did not mind the cost as much. however, if you are going to Grand Cayman or Cozumel and do not have excursions planned there are some independent dolphin excursions that sound better than this one. http://www.**********************

Archived