Are all pools on NCL ships heated?

Iluvmypuggle

Are all pools on NCL ships heated?

I did a search on the forums before posting this and saw a lot of threads that were ship-specific. Last year on the Gem, the pools were heated, so I didn't know if that was just the Gem or all of the NCL fleet. This May, I'm sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda and am hoping the pools will be heated. Thanks.

All of the pools on the Dawn are heated. You can tune to your info channel (chan 2) and it will tell you the current temperatures of each pool as well.

I heard someone talk about the jacuzzi's not being very hot on another line, not the case on the Dawn. Super-heated and felt so good at night when it was cool outside.

We have been on the Jewel, Pearl, Sun, and Sky and didn't think any of the pools were heated.:(

I just got off the Sky (Feb 6th sailing)...the weather was cold and the pool was as well. No one was in it. The hot tubs were pretty loaded however. :p

Time2cruise: Where did you sail on the Jewel, Pearl and the Sun? Maybe the itinerary has something to do with whether the pools are heated. We did the Eastern and Western Caribbean on the Jewel, the Southern Caribbean on the Pearl and the Mexican Riviera on the Sun.

That could very well be. I was on the Dawn to Eastern Caribbean. Maybe they don't bother heating them for the cold climate itins such as Alaska.

I just got off the Sky (Feb 6th sailing)...the weather was cold and the pool was as well. No one was in it. The hot tubs were pretty loaded however. :p

In December the weather was cold in Bahamas as well, we're sailing on the Sky again 10 days wonder if it will still be cold. :confused:

• 2 months later...

I'm interested to read that all the pools are heated to 80F, as there seems to be some controversy over this.

My wife and I leave Dover for the Baltic on Sunday 10th May. She wants to know whether it's worth her taking her cozzie?

Can anyone in the know inform us whether the 80 degrees (about 25C, I suppose) is accurate for the Baltic, or whether it's likely to be goose-pimple time?

Can't speak for all of the ships, but i remember on the Dawn the temperature of all the pools and jacuzzis was shown on the T.V. in the staterooms. And on hot port days and cooler to just plain cold rainy sea days, i never really did see those temperatures fluctuate more than a degree.

Having gone in the pool though, i honestly think they are not heated and these temperature gauges are not real time updated. Certainly the temperatures they said did not feel like what they were.

Might be a good question to ask an officer onboard because unless someone in this thread has actually asked all of the answers are pure speculation, nobody really knows.

Happy Cruising!

That could very well be. I was on the Dawn to Eastern Caribbean. Maybe they don't bother heating them for the cold climate itins such as Alaska.

Did you mean maybe they don't bother heating them for the warmer climates?....Cause that would make alot more sense. On an Alaska run is when they would definitely need them.

On a Caribbean run in that hot sun they don't need to heat them, that sun can have it up to bathwater temperature by the end of the day.

Just a thought, maybe somebody could verify this, but I always thought the termp. of the pool mirrors the temp of the surrounging sea water because that is what is used to fill the pools everytime they empty them for cleaning (unless they are making their own sea water on board). Thats why the water is so cold when you leave the northeast because it is that water they use when they turn the ship around and the further south you travel each day the water gets warmer and then when they clean the pool the next time the old water is changed out to the water they are presently sailing in. I believe Princess is the only line that uses fresh water in their pools (at least used to) so they might be able to heat it befor they clean their pools, but the last time we cruised Princess I believe the pools were open 24hrs because it was fresh water and I don't remember whether they changed out the water or not.

On the Crown trip around Cape Horn, I noticed the tv said the pool temp was around eighty, so I took the bathrobe and went out for a very solitary swim while the bulk of the passengers were looking at glaciers and little icebergs.

Archived