Cares plane restraint/auto safety

jmcross

So here's my situation. I'm thinking about purchasing the CARES restraint system for my 19 mo ds on the airplane. This eliminates the need for a car seat. What do I do in ports when we want to take transportation to a beach? Do cabs have access to car seats?

I am interested to know what others do in my circumstances. Do you actually lug a carseat to the beach with you?

Thanks for your help!

Joanne

You need a car seat. No, the taxis do not come equipped with them. :(

Yes, if we take a taxi in port, we take a car seat. But we take a smaller travel car seat. This isn't ideal for everyone because that means buying another car seat just to travel.

There is a Ride Safe vest that folds flat but I don't know the size of your child verses the size of that vest.

We have the Cares system that we use when we travel within the us. We check my daughters regular everyday carseat and then uses the Cares on the plane.

We use the 5-1 sit and stroll shown in the link below when we travel out of the country. It worked great for the most recent trip we took to Mexico.

http://www.amazon.com/SitnStroll-5-n-1-Combination-Carseat-Stroller/dp/B000F0G0EK/ref=pd_cp_ba_0?pf_rd_p=413863701&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0006UF43M&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RR3QSKA1XNSYH9ESHA0

Archived