Will Carnival do more Europe in 2010 ?

tammymacb

I don't know if it's been announced, or if there is anyone "in the know". I'm working hard on finding a Med cruise for 2010 and my party will include my 13 year old DD.

I've sailed : CCL, NCL, DCL, X and RCCL.

For the Med- I'd like the Magic but it's just stupidly overpriced.

I got a GREAT rate from NCL but, in all honesty, NCL was my least favorite of all the cruises..

I've entertained X but think it may not have enough for my DD to keep her happy, too.

I'm waiting for RCL to announce prices and itenaries...

I'd definatly consider CCL as DD LOVES the kids activities on board and I like the fact that my wallet will not be sucked dry.

Will CCL bring back the European cruises?

CCL ditched the Europe cruises because the majority of their passengers were coming from the US, and airline seats were becoming very difficult to arrange/guarantee because of the high prices and decrease in number of flights. They just couldn't guarantee their passengers would be able to arrive in time. Med. cruises are very port intensive, so there shouldn't be any problem keeping you daughter occupied...she might not have time for the kids programs anyway. EM

I believe that Carnival will stop doing European cruises this fall, which is a bummer because Carnival is one of my favorite cruise lines. I think that is why they put the Dream to do the last of the cruises...they want to go out with a bang with the new ship.

Yeah, it's a bummer.....I wouldn't expect to see another Med itinerary from Carnival before the next ship is launched.

You should consider Costa also. As a sister line you are eligible for past guest pricing and most many of Costa's ships are identical in layout to Conquest and Spirit class ships.

Archived