Cap on past passenger times?

DevilMike

Hi there, NCL-land. I've recently been of the Princess persuasion, and the last time I sailed NCL was in 1985-86. Apparently a sailing that long ago, as per a phone rep, does not qualify me for a past passenger discount. Seriously? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

they started keeping the passenger information, on computer ( about )early 1990s. anything before that is not on file.

if you have the ticket or a old photo of you and the ship, they MAY credit that cruise (or may not)

they had my old information from 1994...had to write the latitude department to get it.

They didn't keep computerized records back then. HOWEVER, if you can prove you were on the cruise, they'll give you the past passenger price.

I wouldn't ever be able to find the tickets from the cruise I took with my grandparents in the mid-80s. However, I did sign up for Princess' past passenger club (I forget what it's called). I simply annotated the box where it asked me to put in my dates of sailing, etc with an explanation of how far back it was, and poof! They gave me a membership number. If they'd asked, I could have sent them pictures of me on the ship and in the Kids' Club with my cousins...along with the embarkation photo with the name of the ship prominently displayed. This is all hanging in my parents' living room.

They never did ask to see it, but then again, I haven't yet booked a cruise with Princess. But if they do ask to see it, I can show it to them. Chances are, I doubt they will. Too much effort, and perfectly easy for them to give me the past passenger pricing.

My point is, keep asking NCL. If you can document it, I'm sure they'll let you join Latitudes.

Archived