Adventure Ocean - Scavenger Hunt 6-7 yr olds

JandD Mom

I have a question for everyone whose children are in the 6-8 year old age group, and who took part in Adventure Ocean on RCCL. I read on the web site that one of the activities is a "scavenger hunt." What is it for this age group?

I have read that older kids get to wander around the ship collecting the items. What do they do with kids in this younger age group? Hopefully, they take them in supervised groups, if at all. :eek: Thanks for any help.

Our 7 y/o sailed with us in September and the scavenger hunt we did was a family activity. Each family was a team and we had about 20-25 minutes to collect the most items.

That really sounds like lots of fun. Thanks for responding!

Just be forewarned that even tho they stress the importance of the family staying together and working as a team, no one obeys that rule. They told us to stay together and work as a team, and that everyone splitting up to go get the scavenger hunt items would be cheating. But the family that won split up and you could see each team member separated from the group running all over the place to retrieve items.:rolleyes: Everyone was doing it. By the time we realized that the only way we could win was by splitting up, it was too late, the cheaters had already won.:(

On the up side of the story, we learned our lesson for the next cruise. On our next cruise we had an idea of what to expect including the fact that we needed to split up in order to win. We split up the list and divided into 2 teams: me with the younger kid, my dh with the older kid. Doing it this way, we won the scavenger hunt.:D And we didn't feel guilty because once again, EVERYONE was doing this. Again, you could see single team members running all over the ship for the scavenger hunt items. I just thought I'd let you know ahead of time, so you'll know what to expect. Our kids were 4 and 6 at the time.

I'll admit to spliting up me and my daughter and Mom and son. BTW we also used radios to keep in touch so we did not duplicate items.

We did not win but the kids collect coupons for participating and at the end of the cruise they can cash them in for stuff. When you participate in the family activities everyone gets a coupon so the kids get extra coupons for your participation.

Archived