Adventure Bound's "2nd Boat" ?

cruisin'mama

vbmom87,

We were on the fence about Tracy Arm and thought we would see how the glacier viewing went going NB before committing. :)

Tracy Arm Fjord is not about glaciers. It is about the fjord itself. It is a very different experience than Glacier Bay and College Fjords. IF you love scenery you will love the Fjord tour. THere are glaciers at the end of the fjord, but for me the fjord itself was the highlight. Here are a few of my photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mdomaz/JuneauTracyArmCruise#

vbmom87,

What we like about it is that there are a variety of possibilities -scenery, wildlife, icebergs, glaciers, mountains, and waterfalls. I called today and they said it is early in the season to have two boats. They are going to check on the possibility of delaying their departure time until 9 am. They will contact me. I will look at the photos later, we only have access to dial up at present. I have seen others photos of Tracy Arm. Thank you again!

Tracy Arm Fjord is not about glaciers. It is about the fjord itself. It is a very different experience than Glacier Bay and College Fjords. IF you love scenery you will love the Fjord tour. THere are glaciers at the end of the fjord, but for me the fjord itself was the highlight. Here are a few of my photos.

Your photos were great! What month were they taken? Thanks for sharing them. Hopefully we will be able to see it. We had read that the waterfalls are great when it is rainy. We are still waiting for a return call from the company. :)

vbmom87,

What we like about it is that there are a variety of possibilities -scenery, wildlife, icebergs, glaciers, mountains, and waterfalls. I called today and they said it is early in the season to have two boats. They are going to check on the possibility of delaying their departure time until 9 am. They will contact me. I will look at the photos later, we only have access to dial up at present. I have seen others photos of Tracy Arm. Thank you again!

I just don't understand why they don't always run a 9:00 a.m. and add the 8:00 a.m. during the busier times. However, I do remember reading that they cater to the locals, not the cruiseships. We only had one other couple on our tour from a cruiseship.

Yes, there is a lot of variety on this tour, which does make it so special. I really hope you will be able to get on this tour.

We were there on June 18 on a very raw, rainy day. I would have preferred a sunny day like we had in Glacier Bay. However, you take what you get and make the best of it. Make sure you bring those layers, gloves, hats, etc. It can be cold and you will want to be outside as much as possible.

• 1 month later...
I just don't understand why they don't always run a 9:00 a.m. and add the 8:00 a.m. during the busier times. However, I do remember reading that they cater to the locals, not the cruiseships. We only had one other couple on our tour from a cruiseship.

Yes, there is a lot of variety on this tour, which does make it so special. I really hope you will be able to get on this tour.

We were there on June 18 on a very raw, rainy day. I would have preferred a sunny day like we had in Glacier Bay. However, you take what you get and make the best of it. Make sure you bring those layers, gloves, hats, etc. It can be cold and you will want to be outside as much as possible.

vbmom87- We confirmed our trip to Tracy Arm Fjord with Adventure Bound when we arrive in Juneau. We are so excited...thanks so much for your help!! Our ship sails 23 May..around the corner!:D:D

vbmom87- We confirmed our trip to Tracy Arm Fjord with Adventure Bound when we arrive in Juneau. We are so excited...thanks so much for your help!! Our ship sails 23 May..around the corner!:D:D

Wonderful!!!! So, I assume they decided to run a 9:00 a.m. that day instead of the 8:00 a.m. I will be looking forward to your review when you get back. I wish you a wonderful, wonderful cruising experience to Alaska. I want to go back!!!!!!

Thanks for the great photos, am hoping for better weather but did the Milford Sound Fjord in NZ and was a terrible day earlier, 74 knot winds and pouring rain, we were to visit 3 Fjords and only got into the last, and best, Milford, after weather died down. Because of the rain...the Sound was spectacular, not only because of the clouds topping the 2,000" cliffs, but literally 1,000's of waterfalls from roaring cascades to tiny rivulets everywhere!! One thing missing was much wildlife (guess some, allowed on the heli. pad, saw dolphins) but it is awe inspiring...very narrow, and the Millennium sailed very near the cliffs. Looks like Tracy Arm has added touch of the Ice & Glaciers, and chance to see...Mt Goat, Bears etc. Note the tour boat on picture 1 looks like a toy

101_0597.jpg.6a6966e6fbbfa5a946191576ee8e8620.jpg

101_0577.jpg.131e3166ccf5d3688e4b1ed2686e9708.jpg

100_1895.jpg.9c93742e8615e6f34be1bb57d50952bc.jpg

100_1932.jpg.0ab5808de5b2041d8d2cff1fcb0647d6.jpg

Archived