Hilton Hawaiian Village

sprout76

If we had to pick, we'd go with the Ali'i Tower because it's got it's own pool deck and concierge service. Of course, that means it's more expensive. It's a great location, right on the beach/water. Second choice would be the Kalia Tower for basically the same reasons, except that it's set back, but does have gardens, etc. around it. Tied with Kalia would be the Rainbow Tower because it's a classic and on the lagoon, so wonderful views. Fourth choice would be the Tapa Tower because it was recently renovated, but it is much busier and there is more street noise.

The Lagoon Tower and Grand Waikikian are condos and/or time-shares. I know nothing about them--except that they were built after my DH's favorite little "classic," older, low-rise Waikiki hotel, the Waikikian, was demolished.

You really can't go wrong, IMO. (I should mention that we haven't stayed at the HHV in many years because it's become more "Disney"ish over time. We love visiting during the day or evening though.)

beachchick

Beachchick I'm curious if you had the same experiences with me while in Rainbow tower. I found the elevators to be so slow that sometimes the elevator lobby area would be packed with people. Maybe the time I stayed in that tower they had a few of them out of commission. Did you notice anything like that?

We booked the Ali'i tower for $224/nite plus tax. It is not an ocean view but we are right on the beach anyway. Rainbow tower was $40 more I think for a partial ocean view so we figured we would rather have the extra amenities and not have an ocean view. I can't wait!

We stayed in the Tapa Tower a few weeks ago. The room was very nice and large. Had a partial view of the ocean. We were on the 6th floor and didn't notice any street noise. The room balcony was nice in the morning, coffee, newspaper and my partical view of the ocean was very enjoyable while waiting for the wife to get ready for the day.

DT

Hi::)

We're staying at the HHV for two post cruise nights after our Rhapsody of the Seas Hawaiian cruise this September...(I have no idea what tower we are in)....:confused:

Has anyone attended the luau at the HHV? We fly home Friday morning so we won't get to see the Friday night fireworks. I wish they would do them every night.

We've been to Hawaii many times, but this is our first time at the HHV. All of the reviews I've read have been great..:p

Thanks.....Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

Beachchick I'm curious if you had the same experiences with me while in Rainbow tower. I found the elevators to be so slow that sometimes the elevator lobby area would be packed with people. Maybe the time I stayed in that tower they had a few of them out of commission. Did you notice anything like that?

I haven't actually stayed in the Rainbow Tower. My DH doesn't remember specifically that the elevators were slow--but it was many, many years ago that he was last there, so it's not a reliable answer for now.

We didn't have problems with elevators in the Ali'i Tower or Tapa Tower (just rode to the top to check it out).

I wouldn't be surprised though considering the age of the tower. OTOH, you'd think that the elevators would have been upgraded over time.

beachchick

We were on the 20th floor of the Tapa Tower and had a great view of the ocean. I chose the Tapa Tower because it was in the middle of the complex and had a price I could live with. We got to use the bank of elevators that made the 20th floor their first stop, so it was like having express service all the time!

HHV_View.jpg.4195bdf322a8d57c9e3f33fd6646e28c.jpg

I haven't actually stayed in the Rainbow Tower. My DH doesn't remember specifically that the elevators were slow--but it was many, many years ago that he was last there, so it's not a reliable answer for now.

We didn't have problems with elevators in the Ali'i Tower or Tapa Tower (just rode to the top to check it out).

I wouldn't be surprised though considering the age of the tower. OTOH, you'd think that the elevators would have been upgraded over time.

beachchick

Yeah I liked the Tapas tower (where I'm typing this from) a lot.

I was just surprised about the Rainbow tower because the elevators made me really hate it! Imagine 20 people waiting every few floors for the working elevators lol.

BTW The new Tower is now open and looks good!

Archived