Catholic Churches in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale?

Truffle

We will be returning from our Caribbean cruise in Ft. Lauderdale on Easter Sunday and would like to find a nice church in which to celebrate Easter Mass. We will rent a car probably at the FLL airport, so am thinking it will probably be best time-wise to find a church in Ft. Lauderdale as I know we will have to be there early on Easter Sunday. We could also go to Miami as we will be departing from the Miami airport at 4:30 that afternoon. Does anyone have any recommendations and possibly a mass schedule? Also, would like some recommendations for a NICE restaurant for dinner or brunch afterwards, perhaps with an ocean view? Thank you! :)

Since you haven't had an answer from a resident yet, here's what I would use: GoogleMaps. Just enter Fort Lauderdale, a "bubble" opens on the map, in that bubble click on "Search Nearby", enter catholic church, and map will locate pins plus detailed info (websites for schedule and even reviews) down the left side bar. Works for "restaurants with view" or anything else. Restaurant reviews & star ratings are shown in the left bar and the map shows location. Am constantly amazed by the information within Google Maps/Earth.

We will be returning from our Caribbean cruise in Ft. Lauderdale on Easter Sunday and would like to find a nice church in which to celebrate Easter Mass. We will rent a car probably at the FLL airport, so am thinking it will probably be best time-wise to find a church in Ft. Lauderdale as I know we will have to be there early on Easter Sunday. We could also go to Miami as we will be departing from the Miami airport at 4:30 that afternoon. Does anyone have any recommendations and possibly a mass schedule? Also, would like some recommendations for a NICE restaurant for dinner or brunch afterwards, perhaps with an ocean view? Thank you! :)

In Miami, The Church of The Little Flower in Coral Gables. Beautiful church, services through out the day. Several Hotels and Restaurants in the Coral Gables area will have Easter Brunch type of meals. The Palm is great, very good food, great ambiance. Also the restaurant inside the Westin Hotel has a great brunch. The Restaurant inside the Biltmore Hotel (also in Coral Gables) is famous nationwide for its Sunday Brunch, it is simply fabulous! - Please make reservations way in advance, they tend to be full, especially for Easter Sunday.

Have a great trip!:)

I grew up in So. Fla, and my family went to Our Lady Queen of Martyrs, which is about 20 minutes from Port Everglades. Of course, I'm biased, because I still have family and friends who go there. ;)

The closest one to the Port may be Resurrection in Dania Beach (I have friends who go there as well). I beleive it is right on the beach, which is nice.

ETA: Okay, I just did a google search, and the closest is going to be St. Jerome's on 9th Ave, near State Road 84. Should only be about 10 minutes from the port straight down 84.

Archived