sun princess extra charges

tazza

Hi there. I am curious to find out about those "extra charges" skimmed over in the brochure. Could anybody that has been on the Sun Princess in Australia tell me what the various charges are (+-) for the Patisserie, ice creamery and pizzeria?

Hi there. I am curious to find out about those "extra charges" skimmed over in the brochure. Could anybody that has been on the Sun Princess in Australia tell me what the various charges are (+-) for the Patisserie, ice creamery and pizzeria?

Hi Tazza,

All charges are in Australian dollars. There is no charge for pizza, and cakes are available in the buffet area at no charge. Icecream is available there at no charge between 3.30pm and 4.30pm and in the evenings. Otherwise icecream is available to purchase, but I don't know the price. We didn't buy any but I was told the sundaes are beautiful. :):)

Evon.

Room service is free and excellent quality, except when you want a pizza then they charge $3. Pizza's at the Pizzeria are free so I couldn't really see the point in that charge.

Ice creams at the Sundaes bar are $2 for 1 scoop and I think it was $4.50 for a proper sundae, you could choose from the available ice creams. Ice cream is available lunch and dinner as a standard dessert in the restaurants, at dinner you can ask for an ice cream sundae which is all of that days available flavours big bowl with a lot of ice cream. The flavours they have are excellent and well worth trying if you are an ice cream fan.

We found the charges for things reasonable, the 15% surcharge on all alcoholic drinks makes them a bit expensive. We also found a few mystery charges on our account as they often get the room number wrong for things. We daily went to the pursers and checked to see if anything erroneous appeared, only happened twice so no big deal. Both times removed straight away, pursers staff were actually very good on this cruise, easy to deal with. We didn't buy much in the boutiques however what we did buy we found the staff very helpful as well.

is there anything else you want to know?

Pretty much everything is free apart from ice cream (sundaes bar only, otherwise ice cream is free) and drinks, the pizzeria is included despite what the brochure says. The brochure actually sells them short on a number of things.

10% gratuity is added to drinks on Aussie Princess cruises, but considering the drinks are cheaper then other lines to begin with it works out about the same if not cheaper.

Archived