First Timers With Carnival - Legend 8/16/09

TravelingTrio

Hi all! We just booked our cruise this weekend. We are so excited we're bouncing off the walls and it's still over 5 months away:eek: We did our very first cruise last year with RC and loved it. When we docked in Nassau, we saw how much fun the Carnival people were having (plus they had better ponchos lol) and decided to switch. The difference in prices helped too! On RC we had a dungeon, this time we have an OV which is a free upgrade thanks to our PVP. So far, we're loving the switch.

Next up is booking excursions. Any suggestions? We didn't do any with RC.

Is anyone else on the same cruise?

Hi all! We just booked our cruise this weekend. We are so excited we're bouncing off the walls and it's still over 5 months away:eek: We did our very first cruise last year with RC and loved it. When we docked in Nassau, we saw how much fun the Carnival people were having (plus they had better ponchos lol) and decided to switch. The difference in prices helped too! On RC we had a dungeon, this time we have an OV which is a free upgrade thanks to our PVP. So far, we're loving the switch.

You are going to GC, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel...I think. Read up on the ports of call because it really depends on what you like to do. This is DEFINATELY a trip for shore excursions. GC is famous for the sting rays (well worth it). Roatan has beautiful beaches (Tabayana is beautiful, though we also enjoyed Gumbalimiba part) and is also famous for the jungle canopy. Since you are going to Cozumel and not Costa Maya, I would say Cozumel is good for shopping and a dolphin encounter @ Chankanaab) and then it oyu want to do ruins, do them in Belize (altun Ha), but Belize also has some of the best snorkeling in the world. So, it all depends on what you are interested it.

Beware! This trip is a BLAST and is high energy with these 4 ports of call!

Yes, those are the ports. Thx for all the great info. From reading some of the threads, we definitely want to do cave tubing in Belize. I don't know about snorkeling (I'm not a good swimmer:() but sting rays is a good one even though I would be petrified. The dolphin encounter also sounds good! Had to google Chankanaab, they don't have prices on their website but I'll be contacting them.

We mostly like the laid back approach but are looking to get a bit adventurous this year. Can't wait to try all the drinks! Thanks for the warning:cool:

Hi there! :)

I just did my reservations for that cruise last night. Like you, I am bouncing off the walls, no kidding! This is my FIRST CRUISE!!! :D I am a single mom and will be going with my adult son (24).

I do not have any reservations yet for excursions though I am tentatively considering cavetubing dot com for Belize, the Nativeways stingray/snorkel/Rum Point tour in GC, and the rest I am just not sure of yet. DS wants to do zipline but I don't. Have to research whether I can just go along but not participate in the zipline....

I am reading these boards like mad and taking notes. Glad I have these five months to prepare because it is all new to me. I am SO beyond excited I can hardly think of anything else.

Have you thought to start a thread in the roll call forum for this cruise?

We have an 8E balcony cabin on the Verandah deck.

Looking forward to "talking" to you more about this cruise!

Yes, those are the ports. Thx for all the great info. From reading some of the threads, we definitely want to do cave tubing in Belize. I don't know about snorkeling (I'm not a good swimmer:() but sting rays is a good one even though I would be petrified. The dolphin encounter also sounds good! Had to google Chankanaab, they don't have prices on their website but I'll be contacting them.

We mostly like the laid back approach but are looking to get a bit adventurous this year. Can't wait to try all the drinks! Thanks for the warning:cool:

Did the Victor Bodden tours in Roatan last year on the Glory. You can find him listed in the port of calls section here on CC. Many on these boards have used Victor.

I don't know about snorkeling (I'm not a good swimmer:()

You don't need to be a good swimmer to snorkel. You can wear a life vest, and just float on the water. I saw these fish just inside the swimming area on Grand Cayman Seven Mile beach.

I took a piece of pizza crust from someones plate on shore...

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

You picked a great ship with awesome ports! Definitely our favorite, and we're going again in Oct! We did the rays with Nativeway in GC, the dolphin swim at Chankanaab (awesome! beautiful park with restaurants, bars, big pool with swim up bar, gardens, etc), and used Victor Bodden to tour the island and spend some time at West End beach in Roatan. Belize we just hung around the port, but will go snorkeling this year.

Have a great cruise!!

Ya'll picked a great ship! Was just on it in November. A link to my review is in my signature. There are pictures :D

We didn't do the stingrays in Grand Cayman because we'd already done that--but I highly recommend it. It is awesome.

I did the royal dolphin swim in chankanaab--booked online direct and it was awesome.

I know you will have fun. The Legend is my favorite ship so far.

I just started a roll call thread for our August 16th cruise. Make sure that your signed on and go to the Legend roll calls. For those unfamiliar with how to do it: Just click on Cruise Critic Message Boards (above), scan down until you see "Roll Calls", go across until you see Carnival, click on that and scan down until you see Legend (click on it) and when you see to our date, click on that. Lets get acquainted! :)

I may be of help to you after June... We are sailing on the Legend on the 14th!! Same itinerary! :) We are "in the back of the bus"!

Takes a lot of research for the ports.. We've been to them all except Roatan, so know what to expect.. If I can be of any help, please let me know..:D Our first time on Legend, but we did the Miracle (same class ship) several years ago..

ps: You MUST do Sting Ray City... You'll LOVE it!! :p

Hi Savannah!

Wooo! Congrats on booking your first cruise! You're going to love it! That's great that you get to travel with you son. My mom refuses to go on a cruise, I even offered to pay for it. I'll be 25 by cruise time, the other two one will turn 26 during the cruise and the other is 31.

Maybe we'll be on the same cave tubing excursion. I'm debating between two sites right now, cave-tubing.com and the coral reef one I dont remember the exact name.

We're like mirror image right now lol. I'm also taking notes and finding out as much as I can. I could hardly concentrate in class today thinking about it. It was the same thing last year and I barely even slept the night before lol. Its so exciting!

I'm very new to the boards, so I didn't know if I was allowed to start a roll call. I did look to see if there was one though. No luck yet. We're on the riviera deck, 6A I think. We're on the ocean floor pretty much haha. Last year we didnt use our room one bit so we don't invest much on it. Looking forward to talking to you about it too! Besides my friends that are going, others are tired of hearing about it already.

Thanks Georgiagolfer, will check out Victor Bodden and the ports of call sections.

WinnipegCruiser, that's good to know. I tend to panic especially if there are waves.Great pictures! I'm going to have to invest on an underwater camera.

Irishlinny, I love hearing from ppl that have done the same cruise. I emailed the Chankanaab ppl for price quotes. Definitely want to do the dolphin encounter. I don't think I can handle the swim. Hope you have a great cruise too!

Poptart, I will be devouring your review in a few secs. I spend a lot of time doing that instead of getting any work done lol.

rzdj96, Thanks for starting the roll call!

stlrboo, you must share every detail. From now until June I might just pop! Hope you have a great time!

I'll let you know how the cave tubing goes as we will be there in a couple weeks. I booked thru Cave-tubing.com. We haven't booked anything else for the other ports yet so I have no suggestions. There's 14 adults going with us and 500 Parrotheads onboard so I'm sure we'll find something to do.

Archived