How to get to Blue Iguana facility in QEII Botanic Park?

judyzoo

Are there any tours that go there? I've heard that the round trip cab fare would be very expensive. How long would the drive be if I rent a car? Is there bus service to the park? Any other ideas on how I can get there? Will there be enough time to do the 1-1/2 hour tour that starts at 11:00 and be back before our ship leaves at 4:00?

• 3 weeks later...

Your easiest bet is one of the excursions (either a private one or through the ship) that include a stop at the botanical gardens. Second best option would be a rental car.

I'm guessing it would be about an hour round-trip by rental car...maybe a bit more? It's about halfway to Rum Point, so that's just a guess...I've never actually timed that portion of the trip. Taxi would probably be at least $50 each way, maybe more.

There may be bus service that goes by it, but I don't know if I'd rely on that as my means of transport there while on a cruise visit. If the bus is late, etc. you'd be stranded, and since it's kind of remote there likely wouldn't be a taxi readily available to take you to the port at the last minute.

I haven't been there yet myself, so unfortunately I can't help with answers to how long it takes to do the tours.

Archived