Explorer Brides 2009

bermuda09

So has anyone else heard anything about our prop issue? I just received our cruise doc's in the mail today!! It's getting so close!!!

Esbie are you ready yet!?

I haven't heard anything else about the prop so I *hope* that no news is good news! My TA told me she mailed our cruise docs last week so I am hoping to get them today. And I am sooooo ready!

• 2 weeks later...
Esbie- I know you leave on your wedding cruise tomorrow...how exciting! Good luck with everything, and please let us know how it goes!:)

Thanks!! I am at the hotel now, getting ready to head over to Cape Liberty. I figured I would check the boards one last time just to be sure no problems have been reported so we wuldn't have any aurprises at the pier:rolleyes: Everything looks good! The weather here is beautiful, but it looks like we will have some rain to contend with trhoughout our trip, wedding day included. But, NOTHING will ruin this trip or wedding!!!!:D:D I'll write when I get back to give all of you my review!! I am off to get married!!!!!!

I'm getting worried too..my wedding is June 11, and they have made changes at all of the ports except Bermuda. Puerto Rico really got cut short, we don't arrive til the evening and have to leave by 11:30 am the next day! Hopefully they don't cancel any cruises and if they do, hopefully its not one with a wedding scheduled! I didn't get wedding insurance so I'll be screwed if they cancel us! My travel agent already called to complain for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Stargazer77 -

It looks like we are going on the same cruise. I am going

on Explorer of the seas out of N.J. on June 11, 2009, and getting

married in St Thomas on June 16. I'm hoping the itinerary DOES NOT

change any more. Are you using an Island coordinator or did you use

Royal Caribbean??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

hi everyone,

I just returned yesterday from my wedding cruise on Explorer. We got married in Bayonne at 1 pm before the ship left NJ, in the chapel. Things went smooth, our officiant was Captain Arnold, he was great, but he did talk a little more than we would have liked. we weren't too impressed with the wedding cake though. We got vanilla with raspberry filling. The only problem we're having now is the wedding CD. the guy gave us a deal for all the photos on a CD. since we didn't have access to a computer until we got home, we were unable to check the photos. the CD is not loading! so I'm in a frenzy trying to contact them to see if they can send us a replacement, hoping they haven't gotten rid of the photos. I suggest if anyone gets a CD, make sure they show you that it has the pictures on it before you get home, especially if your photographer is an Asian guy named Nguyen! at least we have 30 prints, 10 enlargements and 50 wedding announcements, but we really want the CD so we can share all of them with everybody. hopefully it works out..by the way, the stylist on the ship was awesome, you don't need to bring bobby pins, they have plenty,

Melissa Chinnici

stargazer77,

Hi, I'm glad everything went well for you. I got married in St Thomas on Magen's Bay Beach on June 16th. I had an Island Wedding Coordinator and Photographer. I am now nervous because our pics are all on a CD and are being sent within 3 weeks. I hope you can get a replacement, that is absolutely horrible!! Good Luck.

Hey girls! I am glad everything went well for both your weddings! Congratulations!

stargazer: can you tell me the name of the stylist on the ship that did your hair?

I had Maria I think do my hair, she was a red head from Ireland. She was the best.

I'm looking into EOS for my cruise wedding in 2011, and was wondering where the ceremonies are held. I know there's the chapel (which holds 40 guests). But the problem is, we have 50 guests, so I have no idea where they'll put us!

Does anyone have any experience with 50 or more guests on EOS?

Thanks!

they are serious about that 40 person limit for the chapel. thats one of the tricky things about cruise weddings, the lack of control. we had 60 some people and ended up on maharajas lounge. it ended up being wonderful though i think i would have thought anything was wonderful that day :-D

its not just the amount of people that they take into consideration, they also look at if you have a reception, what kind of food option you choose, or a dj etc. they told us that because we did the luncheon right after that they would do the ceremony and lunch in the same place not to have to get two different places ready, keep that in mind. good luck and best wishes!

Thanks for the info, pearl.

I've been on EOS before, and Maharajas is very nice, but we really wanted a room with windows for the reception.

I was hoping we could fit in Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine -- I believe those rooms have a removable wall to become one big room -- at least that's what I thought I saw the last time I was on EOS.

Archived