Carnival Miracle itinierary changes in NYC...

bmb

I was just checking out the boards here and noticed some people mentioning that the Carnival Miracle out of NYC the 8 day Eastern caribbean cruise changed its schedule from ports of call Puerto Rico,St. thomas, and Grand Turk....to the Bahamas and Grand Turk. Then, I checked the Carnival website and the 2 cruises that leave in June are going to the Bahamas and then the one I want to go on is still going on the original schedule. then, i called Carnival and they told me that it was propulsion problem. So, my question is has anyone cruised recently on the ship after this problem...What do they think?? I think I might not go Miracle and go RCL. :(

If you decide to go with RCL just be aware that the Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne also has a damaged blade (prop) problem that is causing some changes to port arrival and departure times on the Caribbean runs out of NJ. The Explorer cannot operate at full speed and is moving slower. Don't know if the ship will need to go into drydock to correct problem which could result in some sailings being scrapped. Check the RCL boards to see the latest on this ship.

MARAPRINCE

The Bahamas/Grand Turk itinerary has been published for months - we booked the July 19 sailing because we'd already sailed the San Juan/St. Thomas itinerary on Legend, and at the time we booked there was no discussion of the propulsion problem. Miracle goes into drydock after tomorrow's disembarkation, so we'll have to wait for reports of what is done in drydock.

Archived