How much money should I bring ashore? (Nassau)

Dukegirl5577

We're spending the morning at Blackbeard's Cay (and we've already paid for our tour tickets online, including the stingrays). Then we want to have lunch at Arawak Cay. We'll probably take a jitney there (so I know we need $1.25 exact change for each of us) and might walk back.

After lunch, we think we'll want to lounge around on the Western Esplanade beach for a little while, then do the walking tour of the historic downtown. We're also planning to go to the Junkanoo Expo.

I hate carrying more cash than I need and will always choose to use a credit card when possible, but I know that's not always possible. So does anyone have a good estimate of how much money we should plan to bring ashore?

Also, do you happen to know whether there are lockers to rent on Blackbeard's Cay? We plan to swim/snorkel the entire time there and wouldn't want to leave a wallet on the beach. (Alternatively, we can look for a walletproof wallet to put inside the velcro-closing pocket in DH's swimsuit)

Anyone? I guess what I'm really asking is whether there are lockers at Blackbeard's Cay and also how much should lunch for two with 1 drink apiece at one of the places on Arawak Cay cost?

Thanks! I leave for Miami (for a night before the cruise) 1 week from today! I'll be on the cruise in 8 days. Yay!

Archived