Cuise Docs Question

We booked a cruise about 2 months ago sailing on March 15 and still have no cruise documents. Royal Caribean said they were lost and had to re-ordered. I think this is crap but has anyone else had problems getting these docs? I am about ready to give Royal Carribean my mind plus we are new to cruising etc....

Thanks,

Carrie

first...you don't really need them......all you need to do is go to RCs website and do on line check in, print your set sail pass and you are all set...take that and your ID to the pier.

you can get luggage tags from the porter....

did you use a TA??? if so, does the TA have them???? did you get eDocs?? sometimes,the link gets emailed and it could be in your spam folder...

NO TA used....went directly through RC. Good to know you do not need them but I hate when people tell you they have been mailed and now they are being re-odered on January 26. RC has no idea what is going on. It is set up for regular mail and I will ask about email.

Thanks.

We booked a cruise about 2 months ago sailing on March 15 and still have no cruise documents. Royal Caribean said they were lost and had to re-ordered. I think this is crap but has anyone else had problems getting these docs? I am about ready to give Royal Carribean my mind plus we are new to cruising etc....

Thanks,

Carrie

e-docs are fine but if you booked air or transfers through RCCL you might need paper docs. Paper air tickets are occasionally included and transfers to the pier are included if you paid for them. Your name, however, should be on the RCCL reps list at the airport.

NO TA used....went directly through RC. Good to know you do not need them but I hate when people tell you they have been mailed and now they are being re-odered on January 26. RC has no idea what is going on. It is set up for regular mail and I will ask about email.

Thanks.

This is an example of a good reason to use an experienced cruise travel agent. It doesn't cost more than booking directly through RCCL, you have a person to fight your battles, and they often give additional ship board credit.

For something like this, I wouldn't expect any onboard credit. I wouldn't go through the resolution center, I would talk to the reservation folks; they should be able to tell you when the docs were sent. Like others have said, you really don't need the documents anymore since just about everything is done electronically when you get there.

While you are past it for this cruise, I agree with Papa T about using a travel agent. We have had a few issues with past cruises and they have been able to get things straightened out with VERY little work on our side.

Good luck.

There really is nothing in the Docs that you HAVE to have. Sure it's nice to read all the information and also to get the luggage tags but it really isn't a big deal if you don't get them.

I highly doubt you would get any kind of credit for not getting the documents. It isn't going to affect your cruise at all.

Have a great cruise!

Ours went into the black hole too -- twice! We're on the same sailing as you and got 1/2 the docs almost a month ago for the suite but the other half just got her Saturday.

As everyone said, docs aren't needed at all. But I will admit that it feels so much more having them here.

Someone better be giving me credits. I am trying to get in touch is a resolution department who I was just on hold with for over 30 minutes to find out they are closed. Uggghhhh. Now I have to call back in the morning.

WOW, lets hope there are no problems while you are actually on the cruise, wouldn't want to be a PD employee on this cruise

Thanks,

Carrie

We got our docs for the IOS sailing next week. It was in one of those bags the post office puts things in that they destroy! Thats right, not much left to the book. I did manage to pull the baggage tags out of the mangle mess. I had already gotten my e-docs I just wanted the hard copy. So your problem might not be with the cruise line, but with the postal service.

Someone better be giving me credits. I am trying to get in touch is a resolution department who I was just on hold with for over 30 minutes to find out they are closed. Uggghhhh. Now I have to call back in the morning.

Why would you expect any credits for not receiving something you don't need?

We are going on a B2B at the end of March. We have 2 cabins, one for the adults and one for the kids. I received an e-mail regarding docs for the adults and received hard copy docs for kids - no e-mail. Don't know why one was electronic and one wasn't. very strange.:confused:

Haven't received anything for the 2nd leg yet.

I am sailing on 3/15 on the Explorer and never got my mailed docs. I called RC and they told me they were sent out on 1/27 and confirmed the correct address. I waited for 10 working days and when they still did not arrive I called and had them switch me to e-docs. I had to wait 24 hours and then i was able to pull them off the web site. They are not anything to get excited about. Not like docs in days past. I do not expect RCCL to give me an OBC for not receiving mailed docs. Why would they?

This will be my 6th cruise with RCCL and I have booked them all myself except for my first one. I went through a local travel agent. I had done all the leg work myself before I went to him and he did nothing to help me. So now I book myself. After 5 cruises I have not had any problems (knock on wood) except the lost docs which is nothing. When I see a price drop I call them and they immediately change the price and e-mail me a new booked confirmation invoice.

I keep looking at prices for other cruise lines but am really reluctant to change. I believe "if it ain't broke why fix it!"

Hope after all this problem with you receiving your docs you can enjoy your cruise....

This will be my 6th cruise with RCCL and I have booked them all myself except for my first one. I went through a local travel agent. I had done all the leg work myself before I went to him and he did nothing to help me. So now I book myself. After 5 cruises I have not had any problems (knock on wood) except the lost docs which is nothing. When I see a price drop I call them and they immediately change the price and e-mail me a new booked confirmation invoice.

I keep looking at prices for other cruise lines but am really reluctant to change. I believe "if it ain't broke why fix it!"

Hope after all this problem with you receiving your docs you can enjoy your cruise....

I have to agree with you on this....my TA for my first cruise really didn't do anything for me and I had to bug her for months to get my $$ back for a cancelled flight (took 8 months and a threat to go to court)...when I booked my cruise last year, I inquired as to whether she could do better...she demanded (yes..demanded) that I switch my online reservation to her...guess what...didn't happen, and I didn't have any problems...so I have zero faith in TA's.

I am sailing on 3/15 on the Explorer and never got my mailed docs. I called RC and they told me they were sent out on 1/27 and confirmed the correct address. I waited for 10 working days and when they still did not arrive I called and had them switch me to e-docs. I had to wait 24 hours and then i was able to pull them off the web site. They are not anything to get excited about. Not like docs in days past. I do not expect RCCL to give me an OBC for not receiving mailed docs. Why would they?

A good travel agent can and will be your advocate and often has special contacts within the cruise industry. My travel agent had solved several difficult problems for me over the years and offers SBC over and beyond RCCL.

I have not nor will I use a TA to book a cruise. We tried AAA and got very little help. Have not had any problems with our travel docs before. Hopefully same will happen this time as we have 59 days to Liberty of the Seas!!!!!:)

I have not nor will I use a TA to book a cruise. We tried AAA and got very little help. Have not had any problems with our travel docs before. Hopefully same will happen this time as we have 59 days to Liberty of the Seas!!!!!:)

The key is to use a reputable cruise only outlet and a knowledgable agent - then to work with the same agent each time. I often seek information and service directly from RCCL. The RCCL contacts are well meaning but often have limited experience and often provide incorrect information plus usually when you call back you talk to a different person. In November, for example, we cruised on Voyager from Barcelona to Galveston. Our air arangements through RCCL on Air France gave us only 40 minutes in Paris to get from an international flight to a domestic flight to Barcelona. That meant getting off of a 777, going through passport control, a security checkpoint, and then finding the gate in a different terminal. This was not doable. I tried working directly with Air France and RCCL air to change to a later flight. I was unable to get either to budge. My travel agent knew a supervisor in the air division of RCCL who quickly changed the flight. Plus what do you have against several hundred additional dollars of SBC. This is only one of many similar stories from my 54 cruises.

Archived