pool side shade ideas for 1y/o

deanna1178

I know ds won't be able to get in the pool. But I was thinking and please share your suggestions because I am new to cruising with a little one:-D

We will be going on NCL Dawn in July and ds will be 1y/o.

I am thinking of taking his PNP to sleep in room, his pnp also has an attachable canopy that goes over the top to provide him with shade and block most of sun.

I was also look at this canopy tent but I think it may be too intrusive for others around. But it is MUCH lighter and easier to carry than pnp. althought it might be too light and with the ship moving, could get too windy for something like this. Maybe I should save this for the beaches in port :-P

14995.jpg

I don't expect to carry either one of these directly to pool side, I was hoping to get a couple of chairs on the upper deck above the pool away from the crowds and let ds play in either the pnp or the canopy tent.

I have been on the Dawn before so I have a spot in mind, just depends on whether we get it in time, lol!!

What do you think? would either be a good idea or just forget it? lol

TIA!

We have seen many pack and plays sitting pool side both in and out of the sun. I like the little tent thing you have for a beach but doubt baby will stay in it if you are not.

Most beaches have rental umbrellas and shade area.

Check into baby Gap and get sunscreen shirts and hats with neck shade.

Archived