Can you stand another Seattle Hotel question please?

crjack

Our family of 4 is going to Alaska this Aug. on NCL Pearl (Sun-Sun cruise) We arrive in Seattle on Friday night from Boston and then stay in town that Sunday and fly out Monday. I have been reading, searching and researching hotel choices in Seattle and I just stumped.

I have never used Priceline or Hotwire and I open to that but with a family of four we need a suite, multiple beds or 2 rooms. My other issue is that we absolutely have to have at least a queen size bed and many of the hotels I have seen offer 2 doubles if we are to share one room.

We would like to enjoy the city on Saturday since we have the whole day and coming from Boston the prices aren't scaring me off too much...at least for one room. If we get 2 rooms I would like to keep it to a more moderate but clean hotel.

Downtown seems like the best area for us to sightsee, enjoy some restaurants, etc.

Any recommendations for us? Thank you very much for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

Our family of 4 is going to Alaska this Aug. on NCL Pearl (Sun-Sun cruise) We arrive in Seattle on Friday night from Boston and then stay in town that Sunday and fly out Monday. I have been reading, searching and researching hotel choices in Seattle and I just stumped.

I have never used Priceline or Hotwire and I open to that but with a family of four we need a suite, multiple beds or 2 rooms. My other issue is that we absolutely have to have at least a queen size bed and many of the hotels I have seen offer 2 doubles if we are to share one room.

We would like to enjoy the city on Saturday since we have the whole day and coming from Boston the prices aren't scaring me off too much...at least for one room. If we get 2 rooms I would like to keep it to a more moderate but clean hotel.

Downtown seems like the best area for us to sightsee, enjoy some restaurants, etc.

Any recommendations for us? Thank you very much for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

Homewood Suites either on Western or on Pike St will get you a suite big enough for four people for approximately $250 per night, exclusive of hotel tax (about 15%). Both are close to downtown and to Pier 66.

If you have any specific bed configuration requirements, I would not suggest using Priceline. I've read reviews from those who say they have always been given the room type they requested when they called the hotel with their request right after booking. I've also read reviews from others who did not get their requested rooms. Hotels usually state that room types can't be guaranteed. With a limited number of rooms in each type, some guests are not going to get what they want. Hotels use Priceline to unload unbooked rooms at a discounted rate. Hotels are more likely to give customers paying higher rates their first preference of room. Additionally, in my research on Seattle hotels I found that there was at least one hotel that only had rooms with one king bed. And that hotel was one the list of Priceline hotels.

Thank you all so much for your replies. $250 - $ 300 per night is ok with us but I did want to make sure we were in a good location and didn't end up with 2 double beds. (Our kids are almost as tall as we are so it would be tight.)

I like Homeward Suites and Springhill Suites so I think I will check into those more closely now that I have some location info.

I don't feel comfortable enough to use Priceline or Hotwire for this trip but I will keep checking some of the travel sites for any deals. I'd like to at least get a reservation in place to hold something for now.

Thank you again for your help and please keep any other suggestions coming!

Thank you all so much for your replies. $250 - $ 300 per night is ok with us but I did want to make sure we were in a good location and didn't end up with 2 double beds. (Our kids are almost as tall as we are so it would be tight.)

I like Homeward Suites and Springhill Suites so I think I will check into those more closely now that I have some location info.

I don't feel comfortable enough to use Priceline or Hotwire for this trip but I will keep checking some of the travel sites for any deals. I'd like to at least get a reservation in place to hold something for now.

Thank you again for your help and please keep any other suggestions coming!

Another perk we liked at Springhill Suites was that they offer a complimentary shuttle for around downtown Seattle and also a shuttle to the port for a nominal fee. We are going to tour Seattle for a couple of days prior to our cruise and plan on using their shuttle and then renting a car the last afternoon to visit a relative that lives near Seattle. They also offer valet parking for $20 a day with in and out option.

We are staying at Springhill Suites for 2 days before our cruise in June. What is the best way to get there from the airport? It's just my husband and me.

Thanks,

Ann

Are you going to the airport to pick up the cruise line transfers or ?????

Springhill Suites is at Yale and Denny Way more or less. You're just a few blocks from the Pan Pacific Hotel, where you could catch the connector, then the Airporter:

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

Karen, thanks for your help. What I meant to say was what is the best way to get from the airport to Springhill Suites? I think the hotel has a shuttle to the terminal, so I only need transportation from the airport. On our return, we're also staying a couple of extra days, but this time we're staying at the Westin.

Karen, thanks for your help. What I meant to say was what is the best way to get from the airport to Springhill Suites? I think the hotel has a shuttle to the terminal, so I only need transportation from the airport. On our return, we're also staying a couple of extra days, but this time we're staying at the Westin.

Then you can just do the reverse and take the Airporter to the Westin, then take a taxi out in front of the Westin, because you won't have far to go and it won't cost too much.

• 2 weeks later...

You will want to double check w/ Spring Hill Suites, I just got off the phone w/ the front desk and they said that they do not transport to the Cruise Terminals.

Now I am trying to decide between Spring Hill and Homewood Suites on Western. We are arriving the afternoon before we sail and want to hit Pikes Market, Original Starbucks and the Space Needle. It looks kind of tricky or transportation to and from the airport for 4 of us. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You will want to double check w/ Spring Hill Suites, I just got off the phone w/ the front desk and they said that they do not transport to the Cruise Terminals.

Now I am trying to decide between Spring Hill and Homewood Suites on Western. We are arriving the afternoon before we sail and want to hit Pikes Market, Original Starbucks and the Space Needle. It looks kind of tricky or transportation to and from the airport for 4 of us. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the Airporter/Connector combo doesn't go anywhere really close to either of those properties, so you really have a couple of options:

Take the Airporter from the airport to the Westin downtown, then grab a taxi out front to whichever of the two properties you pick.

Taxi/towncar all the way from airport to hotel

Is the taxi/towncar from the airport to downtown hotels really expensive? Is that why everyone is trying to find cheaper ways? I don't mind paying a few dollars more to have door to door service and not have to haul luggage off the transporter to a taxi.

Is the taxi/towncar from the airport to downtown hotels really expensive? Is that why everyone is trying to find cheaper ways? I don't mind paying a few dollars more to have door to door service and not have to haul luggage off the transporter to a taxi.

No, actually, the town cars run about the same as the taxis (a few dollars more, but not appreciably so). I prefer the town cars. Here is the one I use personally. If you call, ask for Jerrett.

http://www.alreadytheretowncar.com

Archived