Tendering

dsnutz

Hi Im sailing on the NCL Sky in April and have a question related to tendering. How does this work as far as getting off and back to the ship. Do they run at certain times while the boat is anchored, i.e. every hour? I just wondered if after you get to the island and finish sightseeing/touring then want to get back to the boat, how that is determined.

Thanks!

The tenders are constantly running back and forth. I've never waited very long (15 minutes max) for a tender back to the ship. The amount of time is also affected by how far out the sip has to drop anchor. for example, in Belize the tender ride takes 10-15 minutes as the ship has to stay pretty far out.

hello,

Tendering is a fun part of cruising. Some suggestions....do not be in a hurry to get off the ship because this is where the lines/frustration is at its worst.

Wear some non skid shoes and do not worry about getting wet. If you are a non agile sort, cruise staff will be there to help you, men who are immensely strong and sure handed.

It is always a thrill to see your ship from sea level. And as for returning make sure that you note the time of the last tender back to the ship.

Fred

If you are in one of the life boats, used as tenders, they are closed up. I try to sit wherever there's a spot to get air on longer tender rides, as I tend to get motion sickness in them.

There are also open air tenders with bench seats. Like those much better! Just depends on the port and cruiseline.

Archived