Disney Daycare?

Dee79

It's Disney.. I think I would trust their babysitters right? People have no problem booking them but I have friends that say "I wouldn't trust my kid with that staff" Why not? You'd hire a teenager to watch your baby but not a licensed professional?

(Which I'm assuming they would have to know CPR and what not..)

What are your thoughts? We're looking at Disney Cruise next year and if all goes as planned, :D our child will be 8-9 months old.

If you have friends that say that, then chances are they are 1) jealous you are taking a cruise and just trying to knock you down or 2) have NO idea what they are talking about and are just spouting off things they know nothing about

Flounders nursery is open, as in, you can see directly into it. There is a GLASS wall. So anyone walking by would be able to see the crew members (who yes, the people who work in there are highly trained, often with education in early child development) with your child.

So it's not like they would be able to do something without it being seen by someone walking past. ;)

Carnival's web site says Camp Carnival is for ages 2 and up. They also offer babysitting for those under two: port days from arrival until 12pm, sea days from 1-3 and every night from 10pmto3am. We have used their services on four cruises. They have been great every time.

We have planned to cruise at least two more times before our son turns 3. I hope they aren't planning on changing anything.

Jam82- Where on the site does it say that? I only saw/read that it said ages 2 and up.

Oo found it under search

What is the cost for all Youth Programs?

Camp Carnival activities are complementary up until 10pm for children aged 2-11 years. From 10pm-3am we offer a babysitting service for children aged 0-11 years. It costs $6 per hour for the first child and $4 per hour for each additional sibling.

Our teen programs (12-17 years) are available during the day and run late into the evening and all activities for teens are complementary.

All babysitting services for under 2's are charged at the above babysitting price. Camp Carnival is unable to accept children Under 2 years during activity times but we do offer babysitting services for you within Camp Carnival. Babysitting services for under 2's are available each evening from 10pm-3am as well as our Family Play Times on Sea Days and during freeplay times on port days. During Family Play Times on Sea Days parents with Under 2's are welcome to stay with their under 2's at no charge. See your on board Camp Carnival Caper for specific times.

I used Flounders Nursery with my almost 6 month old in October and she LOVED it. The babysitters were great.

The first day, I stopped in twice to check on her and once she was on someones lap in a rocking chair and the other time she was on someones lap on the floor playing with a toy. She didn't seem to even care that I was handing her over. I used them 3 times over the course of the week and would do it again in a heartbeat. One afternoon I went to pick her up and she was napping. They told me they would call when she woke up so I wouldn't disturb her- she napped for 2 hours! Wish I could get her to do that at home.

Archived