Safety for Woman Traveling Alone?

NCJean

I am sailing to Grand Cayman in June. This is not my first cruise, but it will be my first cruise traveling alone. I've read on this board that Grand Cayman is safe. In your opinion, would it be safe enough for me, a 59 year old woman, to get a cab to 7 Mile Beach, then to shopping, then back to the ship by myself? I thought I'd only do ship-sponsored excursions, but there aren't any that do what I want to do; namely, lie on the beach and then go shopping a little.

Any opinions?

I could really use some opinions from anybody who's been to this port.

Thanks.:)

I am sailing to Grand Cayman in June. This is not my first cruise, but it will be my first cruise traveling alone. I've read on this board that Grand Cayman is safe. In your opinion, would it be safe enough for me, a 59 year old woman, to get a cab to 7 Mile Beach, then to shopping, then back to the ship by myself? I thought I'd only do ship-sponsored excursions, but there aren't any that do what I want to do; namely, lie on the beach and then go shopping a little.

Any opinions?

I could really use some opinions from anybody who's been to this port.

Thanks.:)

I can answer this for you!! I'm a female and mainly cruise solo and visit the Caymans several times.

This is one port that you should have no problem booking a last minute tour on shore. These tours are a better value than the ship tours. Since you want to head to seven mile beach, the taxi ride will most likey be a mini van and with several others. You can get a taxi by yourself, but can ride with several others and get there within the same time and reasonable cost.

Shopping is the port area and around the island is safe. Just use common sense and be aware of what's going on.

This is a great port to do things alone.

Happy sailing!!

You'll be fine, just use the same precautions you'd use when at home. :) This is about the only place we've been that I would have no problems going out and about on my own, and go pretty much anywhere I wanted to go on the island. We get a rental car while we are there, and many times I've taken off to run errands while everyone was hanging out at the beach. I have a friend who's in her early 60's and she has two weeks a year at a timeshare, and she usually goes down by herself. We love to do land vacations on GC because it is one of the safest places we've found in the Caribbean.

Have a fun time in GC! :)

I too will be in the caymans as a single 45 yr old woman with my 9 yr old dd. I wash going to take the cab to 7 mile beach as well or one of the resorts that offer the use of their facilities. What ship and what date is your cruise? mine is Valor 6/28

Archived