One meal a day

tttrrr

Bobandkelly, Thanks for the advice I joined myfitnesspal.com. My only thing is now I have to get used to counting grams as I use cup measurements. They also don't seem to give me many choices on the amounts of food I use(26gms or 1 grm) nothing in between. They also recommended only 1200 calories this seems a little low but I will try it. More vegetables I guess!

tttrrr, you might try www.sparkpeople.com -- I use that site to track food; it's very easy and you can use imperial (cup, lb, oz, tsp, etc.) measurements for most things.

They also do calculate your target calorie intake based on your current weight/height & how quickly you'd like to lose weight. I'm a bigger girl, and they have me shooting for 1500-1800 as part of a pretty agressive loss plan, and it's working for me. It's very similar to the "points" equivalent that WW suggests for me, so I'm pretty confident in that range.

That is alot of calories in a day. I'm surprised you didn't weigh more too. You must have kept moving enough or you had a high metabolism. I have noticed that mine has slowed but I guess that's normal as we age. I'm 49.

Try to combine a protein and carb at every meal. The carb gives energy while the protein holds you over. My favorite breakfast is a slice of whole grain (double fiber) bread toasted with a fried egg. And because I love real butter I take a stick out of the fridge just wipe it across the warm toast. Just enough melts in to keep it from being dry and I get the butter flavor. I don't even count it since I use so little.

Later in the morning I have some fruit.

We tend to eat larger dinners so my breakfast/lunch are lighter. I'd balance them but we enjoy the dinners. Winter especially seems to be that way. We do lighter grilled meals in the summer.

Kelly

Weight gain isn't just about what and how much you eat. It does majorly contribute. But there is a lot of reasons why one may or may not be 500lbs. You may just have better genes then other people who are morbidly obese.

In any case, be lucky you are NOT morbidly obese.

PS- I think counting calories and figuring out how much you eat is a MUCH better idea (;)) then eating once a day.:rolleyes:

I have been trying really hard to stay within my aloted calories, eating 5 meals a day. I find It's causing me to go into binges. Honestly how can some of you stay in such good control. The only time I stay in control is on the one meal a day.:confused::mad: These small meals make me hungry all the time and cranky, I'm getting strong cravings again. I have been reading up on the one meal a day diet on the internet. This seems to be a common complaint from people that try to eat more often and not just one meal a day. I'm also feeling tired again.

I have been trying really hard to stay within my aloted calories, eating 5 meals a day. I find It's causing me to go into binges. Honestly how can some of you stay in such good control. The only time I stay in control is on the one meal a day.:confused::mad: These small meals make me hungry all the time and cranky, I'm getting strong cravings again. I have been reading up on the one meal a day diet on the internet. This seems to be a common complaint from people that try to eat more often and not just one meal a day. I'm also feeling tired again.

Maybe it's the food your eating, or maybe your not getting enough water? Water also makes you full.

So why aren't you eating just the one meal then?? I thought that was the plan??

Are you trying to stay at 1200? Since your body is use to so much more I would not try to do the 1200. I'd up it to 1500. That extra 300 can be spent wisely and hopefully you won't feel like you're starving.

It will take time to train your body and your mind. Sometimes our minds are worse.

Kelly

Happysinglemom, that was the plan but so many people have such stong opinion against it, I felt like I was making a huge NONO! Needless to say that is the one way of eating that trully make me feel happy and healthy! Strange but true. Needless to say I'm back to one meal, I know it's the (wrong way) but it works for me. Actually it doesn't even feel wrong to me. I found a forum of people who eat this way and quite a few of us have the same complaints and great results eating this way. It's not just the loosing weight part of it either, you only loose if your body feels it needs to. Although this is definately one of the possible benifits.

Happysinglemom, that was the plan but so many people have such stong opinion against it, I felt like I was making a huge NONO! Needless to say that is the one way of eating that trully make me feel happy and healthy! Strange but true. Needless to say I'm back to one meal, I know it's the (wrong way) but it works for me. Actually it doesn't even feel wrong to me. I found a forum of people who eat this way and quite a few of us have the same complaints and great results eating this way. It's not just the loosing weight part of it either, you only loose if your body feels it needs to. Although this is definately one of the possible benifits.

If it works for you, it is the RIGHT way. No one method works for everyone - remember that!! ;)

I am happy to report that I am finally back down to 150lbs. I would still like to get down to 140lbs befor I cruise 49 days to go. I am averageing 1200-1300 calories a day, until I reach my goal. At that point I will adjust as needed but only with healthy foods and possibly more regular small meals . The only sugar I consume right now would be with coffee occasionaly or a light hot chocolate. Otherwise vegetable juices or milk during the days. supper is usually (meat, vegetables and usually rice or potatoes or pasta) glass of milk and either a handfull or pretzels or a oriville 100 calories mini sack popcorn. I have adjusted my exercise program to day one (20 minutes aerobics, weights, stomaches and stretched) and day two which is optional ( 30 min walking on treadmill, stomaches, stretches). Yes I factor in the exercise calories burned to end up around 1200-1300 calories daily. Lots of water, a multi vitamin and sleep 7hrs average. This seems to be working great for me.

Archived