Maasdam, 10-30-04, N0 A/c

jmvt

Please forgive this comment but We were on the Maasdam on 11/9-11/20 and had AC problems, plumbming problems, noise problems etc etc. I truly understand your points but those of us who were not in suites have a right to be angry too! I thought there was no longer class on ships.

I shall reread this thread again to be sure I didn't miss it but I do not recall where anyone wrote that only those folks in Suites should be upset about not having air conditioning/plumbing/noise or any other problems you may or may not have experienced.

Would you kindly direct me to the post that implied only those in Suites had a right to complain??

Why take it out on us if you experienced those problems? We shall commiserate with you as well if you simply inform us.

Thank you for advising us you were also impacted by these problems.

We contacted the Main Office on the Maasdam when the problem were happening, they too say they could find no problems. I think that is called he Ostridge in the sand syndrome. The more I read the madder I get. How dare they imply that it is al in our minds!!!!!!!

experience especially in a suite, I would NOT be a happy camper. You have valid issues, imo. There is NO excuse for not getting proper response from those in charge...NONE! Forget the ole adage of making lemonade out of lemons...not on this one!

Marie

OK Sail7Seas

here is one of the examples there is no need to be rude. This posting most folks were talking about their bad treatment for suite people.

Last year, we were on the Maasdam for 28 days - on day 8 moved to the veranda deck -then complained for 2 days about no ac and was moved to the main deck. Everything then OK.

Last month on the Regal Princess, brought a portable fan (packs pretty flat), used it every night, even tho' the ac was working, I still needed the circulation.

No matter what ship-ac problems will happen. They should make you happy now - as - they made you miserable before.

I sympathize with you. If that was my experience especially in a suite, I would NOT be a happy camper. .......

Marie

Sail, when Marshanana tried to show you the quote the first few words were lost because they were in the title. The actual quote is above.

Marie (ExaltHim) meant no harm and quickly apologized for her comment. But it is understandable that Marshanana would have the reaction she did. I see it as a misunderstanding because the truth of the matter is you pay a heck of a lot more for a suite, so it just stands to reason that dollarwise it would be that much more upsetting.

But in the end, if you're hot you're hot and it really doesn't matter how much your cruise cost:( .

If you are not in one of the suites effected or those rooms on A Deck and other areas, you should be ok.
Maureen, do you happen to know which cabins on A-deck had problems? A-deck was our "home" on Maasdam in August.

OK Sail7Seas

here is one of the examples there is no need to be rude. This posting most folks were talking about their bad treatment for suite people.

I think it interesting how each of us reads the same post and takes from it different things. I do not take the post you reference to mean that anyone not in a suite should be ignored......I take it to mean that the poster would be very upset they had looked forward to the comforts of a suite and were displeased. But that does not eliminate anyone else in any other cabin from also being displeased. IMO That is how I read that post.

Maureen, do you happen to know which cabins on A-deck had problems? A-deck was our "home" on Maasdam in August.

I'm sorry I don't. I just read about it on one of the boards (can't remember where). Maybe if someone who experienced it revisits they could speak up. I can say my cabin did have A/C. #039 worked fine if anyone's considering a good inside cabin in a great location.

I contacted our TA last week to ask about this problem as we are thinking about booking the Maasdam next year. She called HAL and was told "they know of no problems" on the Maasdam. We are going to be VERY interested in any posts regarding this ship in the near future. Evidently HAL does not understand the power of CC and how much members communicate.

Gsel----Wow...that really makes me feel angry that HAL is telling folks like you that "they know of no problems " on the Maasdam. From October 30-November 9th during our cruise they were very aware of the problem from all of us at the front desk. The main girl at that desk claimed to have been on the ship for a year and had never known of an air conditioning problem. As you can tell, by going back for months on this message board the air conditioning is an ongoing problem. What I hate the worst is that they knowingly continue to book these cabins to unsuspecting passengers.

It seems this ship needs a major overhaul.

Archived